Survey--Comfortech Stock upgrade

GlennRoss

Spoke with a very nice girl at customer service who indicated that the comfortech stock would not be available as an upgrade any time in the next year or more possibly. She said that if we started a survey to see if there is a demand that Benelli does monitor the threads and may take action to make it available sooner!

So, to that end put your request here if you would be intrested in upgrading the stock of your walnut R1 to comfortech. Lets rattle the cage and see if they will respond.

I'm all for it. I'll be first in line for an upgrade.

-G

[ 01-25-2006, 05:47 AM: Message edited by: GlennRoss ]

• 2 months later...

I would be very interested in upgrading a wood stock R1 to a Comfortech stock. While I don't know how it could be sold for $200 when a conventional Comfortech R1 costs $300 more than a wood stock R1, I would certainly pay that or more for it. For those of us who want a Comfortech WSM, this doesn't seem like it should be very hard to accomplish. If I can't outright buy a Comfortech in a 300 WSM, why couldn't I buy a conventional R1 and upgrade the stock. Seems like there is enough interest, and this would be an inexpensive way to make the option at least available to those interested.

Help us out here Benelli. Please.....

Sure you would pay more if they were. It’s just our wishful thinking that it would be $200. I doubt they would ever be available as an upgrade. No one would by it for half price of the gun and it wouldn’t be profitable to sell it for less.

[ 01-22-2006, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: garren ]

Originally posted by GlennRoss:

Spoke with a very nice girl at customer service who indicated that the comfortech stock would not be available as an upgrade anytme in the next year or more possibly. She said that if we started a survey to see if there is a demand that Benelli does monitor the threads and may take action to make it available sooner!

So, to that end put your request here if you would be intrested in upgrading the stock of your walnut R1 to comfortech. Lets rattle the cage and see if they will respond.

I'm all for it. I'll be first in line for an upgrade.

-G

I love the look of the comfortech, but looks aren't everything. And functionally, I suspect a good recoil pad does the same thing. I would rather Benelli focus on how to improve the trigger, move the safety button back in the trigger guard and some how fix the owners manual. It seems they translated it from Italian, to Japanese, to Chinese and then into English. It is a great feeling and handling gun, but there is something wrong when I can get better groups with my $200 muzzleloader.

• 3 weeks later...

Now this is just me talking but I prefer the look of the walnut stock. The comfortec stalk R1 is only a few hundred more so if its the comfortec stalk you want why not buy it in the first place? Why pay over a thousand dollars for a rifle when it's not what you realy want if you can spend just a little more to get exactly what you want? I dont know how available the comfortec R1 has been in other areas but I bought my R1 about one month ago and a couple of weeks later the comfortec R1 came in. I guess this might be a reason for upgrading if it just wasnt available but I think I'll just buy the second rifle. You can never have to many after all.