300 WSM

underwood

I recently purchased a 300 WSM Comfortech. I read all of your comments first. I paid $1169 at Sportsmans Whse. The triger pull is 4.5 lbs which is a little firm but with practice it will be fine. I've put 80 rounds thru it, Winchester 180 grain, and have it almost sighted in. Almost because I have not had a good calm day yet, the rifle is new, and I'm still trying to decide if I want to do it at 100 or 200 yds. I'll be trying some different ammo once I think that it is sighted in and hope to have a decent group with it.

That is the gun I am hoping to buy, in the same caliber. The trigger weight is also what I found, which from what I have been told, is far better than earlier Comfortechs. What kind of groups were you getting? Can you also tell me whether you think the Comfortech stock has made a noticable difference in recoil?

thanks

Originally posted by Jim630:

That is the gun I am hoping to buy, in the same caliber. The trigger weight is also what I found, which from what I have been told, is far better than earlier Comfortechs. What kind of groups were you getting? Can you also tell me whether you think the Comfortech stock has made a noticable difference in recoil?

thanks

I'm sure that the recoil is reduced and I would say that it is about the same as my Remington 30-06 model 731, maybe a little less. On the average the groups are 2 inches at 100 yds but I have not had a nice calm shooting day and have not tried different brands of ammo. I've had several groups with 2 touching and the third being 2 inches off.

The more I shoot it the better I like it.