What have U shot with your R-1

stid2677

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your R1 was lost or damaged beyond repair would you considering buying another one? You seem to have great deal of experience with this gun. I'm considering buying one but would appreciate your advice on this matter. Thanks.

No Sir, My R-1 and I have had a great run. I have shot out the barrel and have chosen a bolt action as my go to weapon. I have some big bear hunts planned and I needed more firepower.

Good luck with your shopping...

Steve

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wanted to post pics of my moose. Shot with an Argo El .300 win mag. (european version of R1). I can't figure out how to add pics from my album so you'll have to go to my album on this site to see this moose. 100yrds. Shot in the head. 15 min. of legal hunting time left in the day. On private road.

picture.php?pictureid=487&albumid=108&dl=1286749936&thumb=1

picture.php?pictureid=486&albumid=108&dl=1286749936&thumb=1 think i got er

Edited by energizer

• 2 weeks later...

Shot my first deer this Friday just before dark with my first rifle. An R1 .300 WSM equipped with a Nikon Monarch 4-16/50. Took her from the top of a ridge shooting at a steep angle from about 225-250 yards. Perfect shot through the heart. She didn't go more than about 5 yards. Soon realized that pulling a heavy deer up a steep incline in the dark is very hard work but well worth it. Love shooting this R1. I was worried about the recoil of the round but it's like shooting my dads 308 bolt. Can't wait for Elk season!

picture.php?albumid=130&pictureid=524[/img]picture.php?albumid=130&pictureid=524

hope this works, i'm not a computer guy. But this rifle in 300wsm only kicks like a .243 or less. Was a 200 yard shot in the neck.(that's all i could see) If i ever figure out the cycling problem with this gun, it will be my new favorite!

Edited by minerjoe01
not sure how to post pic

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pictures, Steve. Looks like you've been busy. How do you like the new shootin' iron. Seems to be treating you well. I know it requires less attention in the bad weather. Also wanted to thank you for your years of service, protecting people like me, on this veterans day..Mike God Bless the Veteran...

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awsome photos. Been out west last two years elk hunting. Hoping to get a trip to alaska moose hunting next. Love the pics of the bear tracks in the sand. Gotta tell you your pics make that place look like heaven for a sportsman. Loved it out west but that looks even more impressive

• 1 year later...