What have U shot with your R-1

stid2677

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, you need to upload all your pictures to the server, such as Photobucket.com or picasa for example. Then you just copy the link location and when creating a message here on the forum, click on the button to insert picture and paste your link location. Done!

Steve and every one,

This is my first hunting trip with my new R1 300wsm. It was great. I could not believe how many boar I saw that daypicture.php?albumid=24&pictureid=70picture.php?albumid=24&pictureid=71

My brothers first time for boar and he had a blast. He used my R1 loved it.

Kennedy

I have read through all the threads and have a few questions before i make a decision to purchase an R1.

I live in NW Montana and want to use a R1 300wm for elk hunting. How does the r1 perform under multiple days of inclimate weather?

Have you ever had any issues with your R1 that you would not have had with a bolt action?

Do you think you can get your grouping of shots as tight and accurate as a bolt action?

What are the advantage and disadvantage to an R1 compared to a Bolt action?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The EZ trigger is not adjustable. Be very careful with it, it sticks out beyond the trigger guard, wider than the guard. I had an accidental discharge with it and removed it that same day.

Good Luck

Steve

Yea I was afraid of that. I guess it is as safe as the original trigger with the EZ trigger flipped away?

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, Thank you for your posts, they're great. I just placed a 300winmag on layaway for my first centerfire rifle.

My questions are about the upgrades you did over the winter. Did you notice any changes after you got the barrel teflonned? Could it wreck the rifling? I'm sure it helped with cleaning. What about the tighter barrel changing the trajectory?

Keep on enjoying life.

Ricola

The coating was only applied to the outside. Good luck with your new rifle, I really enjoy mine. Will be heading out with it in a couple weeks. Hope to have some pictures. My R-1 always seems to hold its zero, I take it apart to clean it and even remove the scope using warne quick release rings.

Happy Hunting and be safe.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Inspired by Steves story I got myself a brand new Benelli R1 30.06 this summer. This is my first kill with it. This buck came up on me at 45 yards. One shot with a 150 grs Federal Fusion and it dropped at the spot.

For some reason I am unable to link picture in this post until I reach 5 postings. Check out my public album.