SUB-SONIC CHOKE TUBE

birddog

With all the talk about choke tubes lately I thought I'd share this picture of one I saw in the October issue of North American Hunter....What a riot!

A one pound, 32" ported tube, mounted on what looks to be a 24"-26" barrel ... I thought I got a lot of crap for using a 'fence post'.

086376.jpg

[ 01-05-2004, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: birddog ]

that tube was designed to reduce report using sub-sonic loads in populated urban areas. this combination was created for use on canada goose depredation orders inside of city limits. the sub-sonic loads are slow (about 800fps) and the metro tube keeps the blast quite. its just another way to combat local geese.

yep, it says, "Hastings Metro Gun Systems extension coupled with Federals Metro Sub-Sonic ammunition, can reduce blast up to 50%...with a muzzle velocity of 850fps .... ranges must be inside 40yrds, 30yrds is better."

I just can't imagine using it i guess ... would be interesting to try though.

Thinking of toting that thing around in my skiff or duck boat just makes me chuckle i guess.

Could you imagine seeing that thing pop out of the grass and cattails in the blind next to you ... HAHA!

• 2 weeks later...