Mag ext spring question

farmerben

Hi guys, great to see an active board, not so many here in the UK on shooting.

I just bought a 3-4 shot mag extension for my SBE. Any tips on how to get that flamin' spring in the tube? And is it only one plastic insert that holds it in place?

I am assuming you insert this plastic stopper and then try and join the whole lot together.

Any help appreciated

Ben

Originally posted by farmerben:

Hi guys, great to see an active board, not so many here in the UK on shooting.

I just bought a 3-4 shot mag extension for my SBE. Any tips on how to get that flamin' spring in the tube? And is it only one plastic insert that holds it in place?

I am assuming you insert this plastic stopper and then try and join the whole lot together.

Any help appreciated

Ben

[ 04-08-2005, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: WGS ]

Ben,

If the mag ext is the Benelli ext like the M1 ext, you should take the spring and place it over a shotgun cleaning rod and then compress the spring. The new spring is very long and doing the above will appear to shorten the spring and make easer the inserting into the mag tube and ext. Place the new shortened spring into the mag tube making sure that the old cap is still inside the tube faceing the receiver. Put the new shallow cap inside of the new ext tube with the spring and place the tube onto the gun making sure that the spring does not catch between the two tubes when screwing them together. Hope this helps!

Bill

Ya you could do that or you could simply attach the extension without doing anything with the spring and then simply overload it with the amount of rounds your supposed to have after you add it and the rounds will puch the spring in, I pretty sure it worked with my M1 and it hasn't let me down for over 7 years so I think that any later damage to it wont be from my "white trash installation" of the tube

try that if the other guys doesn't work, although I think he's on to something

farmerben I just read your post. Hopefully you've gotten your ext. on. Anyways I have an unrelated question. I thought firearms were banned in the U.K. I think I heard somewhere they have a few hunting clubs but are strict and you can only own hunting rifles that were grandfathered in. If you read this I'd be interested to know the real story on gun ownership in the U.K. (I'm thinking pistols are definitely a no go) Take care.