neoprene waders, best for the $$

birddog

I just got done checking my equipment and my Herters neoprene waders are going to get cut up for something.. what i don't know for certain yet but they're retired as of now.

What have you all noticed to be the best bang for your buck concerning the neoprenes lately?

thanx -birdog-

i have a set of orvis stocking foot neoprene's that ive had for about 5-6 years they are great and they came with a fairly good warrenty if you poke a hole in them they will replace them for a couple of years (prorated of course) now i dont hunt in them but i have used them for a couple of stupid things like sleding with the kids and surf fishing in january slipping and slideing down a couple of embankments and i like to sit on sharp rocks and trip over broken down barbwire fences. as for makeing somthing with the old ones i would suggjest l little jacket for the dog or you could use the leggs for gun socks... im cheep and a pelthora of worthless knowlage. :D

thanx guys I'll look into all three. I've been runnin' around looking the past few days and the d@mn stores don't have my size in what I've been interested in.... go figure! so I'm going to call to Cabela's and the Orvis retailer here to verify things first .. Cabela's is some 2 hours away same with Orvis dealer .. but in opposite directions of each other :rolleyes:

Thanx again guys!

• 3 weeks later...

I hunt with the Cabelas Ultimate Hunting Wader with 1200grams of Insulation in the boot. They are 5mm neoprene. They are comfortable and so far have been durable. They are pretty reasonably priced (I think I paid 169.99). They have a hand warmer pocket and a seperate pocket to hold your calls that also stops them from freezing over.

PJ3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey bobng, ive had frozen toes before, its not fun is it. im 15 years old, and i just started hunting last season. i started out wearing rubber waders (BIG MISTAKE!!!) the first day of the season i fell, and had water up to my waist. it was a **** of a time getting into the boat, and my dad had to check on me everysooften just to make sure i wasnt going into shock. it wasnt fun. for christmas i got a pair of cheap neoprene waders, the first day out in the feild i felt a huge warmth difference, and since they stayed snug on my body ive never fallen since.