Goose Season is open in NC

Chessie Dog

• 2 weeks later...

MTDD07, I had a black lab named Maggie a few years back, great, sweet dog. I responded to your other post- I have a Chessie now.

Yeah, we have thousands of resident geese-we can shoot 5 a day. So far on 3 hunts, my buds and I have knocked down 30 birds-any good gumbo recipes? As for training keep using Water Dog and don't let the dog get by with being bad, no need to beat her, just scold her and make her do it the right way next time.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Chessie Dog:

MTDD07, I had a black lab named Maggie a few years back, great, sweet dog. I responded to your other post- I have a Chessie now.

Yeah, we have thousands of resident geese-we can shoot 5 a day. So far on 3 hunts, my buds and I have knocked down 30 birds-any good gumbo recipes? As for training keep using Water Dog and don't let the dog get by with being bad, no need to beat her, just scold her and make her do it the right way next time.

You may want to check out www.stoegerpublishing.com.

They have fantastic cookbooks: Wild about Game Birds and Wild about Waterfowl, and more! UMMMM!

Nelli Girl

[ 10-15-2004, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Nelli Girl ]

OUR EARLY SEASON GOOSE WAS SEPT 10-25 AND WE DID NOT SEE TOMANY AND IF WE DID THEY WERE TO FAR TO CALL ALL OF THE GEESE SEEM TO GO TO AREAS WERE YOU CANT HUNT LIKE THE LAKE AT THE HARD ROCK CAFE HERE IN MYRTLE BEACH. THEY JUST KEEP DRAINING SWAMP AND WETLANDS. BUT TOMORROW THE 16th OUR SEA DUCK SEASON STARTS AND HOPEFULLY THAT WILL HOLD US OVER UNTIL NOV 24 WHEN WE CAN START TO HUNT GEESE AND PUDDLE JUMPERS AGAIN GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE.

[ 10-15-2004, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: geeseM2 ]