dog training

maggietheduckdog07

maggietheduckdog07 -

let me guess ... her name is maggie ... the duckdog ...

Time and Bonding ... #1

Second .. consistancy means EVERYTHING in what you do w/her ... especially when its work time and she's on the clock.

..and in order to have a duck dog ,...., you need ducks.

Get her birds .. then more birds ... then throw in a few more ..birds.

Other than that .... its all situational to the performance of the dog and the theory of training taken.

-always end training on a good note ...if you have to take a few steps back then take a few steps back.

----All the advice you may recieve from various glue sniffers will most definately need to be ignored.... especially on the WEB. For these addicts have no comprehension of the exact behavior of your pup in ANY particular circumstance... and how she's reacted before it appeared.----

Of all things ... let her be a dog.

Consistancy is the key. Never let her get by with doing something wrong, especially if she knows how to do it. Just like birddog said, work her with birds or duck wings on on a dummy. You can by dummies and also add duck scent to them. Keep it positive and reinforce the good. I've used Water Dogs tactics on my Chesapeake and Labs. It works.

between glue sniffing and bird dogs ,you people are funny-------- I have 2 labs, one black-11yr.old, and one choc.-2yr.old both fem. retired the black and second year on the choc. Good luck with the hyper dog, run him a little before you hunt him it will slow him down a little, it might help to controle him.

LMAO ....

well that's not to say that I don't enjoy a fine bottle of Boones Farm ,,,, HAHAHAHAHA

but the last time I used High Tack I ended up running down main street with a shell bag on my head an E-collar around my neck with the remote in my right hand and a retrieving bumper in the left .....

...wasn't pretty but I got my picture in the paper.. :D tongue.gif

its funny you metion the e collar. i went on a trip one time with a friend of a friend that i dont realy like...... he was hitting the dog all day with the collar for no real reason... so later we were all sitting around the camp fire he passes out drunk.. lets just say me and the dog had the last laugh that night and i dont think we'll be hunting togther any time soon :D

LMAO ....

yea i was clothed .... I think.... it musta been a dream ... never owned an e-collar. :D

Fez ... THATA BOY!! ... a little taste of his own medicine ... I woulda been laughin' my fool tail off seein that !!

H#LL, I'd pay good money for that entertainment!! :D :D