M1 Field 20ga

Talon

I am thinking of buying a M1 Field 20 ga. in Advantage Timber HD for duck hunting (with steel and Kent Tungsten Martrix) and small game / upland hunting. I'm curious to hear from current owners of this shotgun. Have you used it in these hunting situations? What do you think of the durability of the camo finish? Plus your overall impressions of this shotgun. I currently duck hunt with a Rem 11-87 SP 12ga., but would like to add a versatile 20ga. to my collection. Please advise.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. Do the Briley choke tubes come with the shotgun, or are they special chokes? I'm only familiar with Remington's "Rem Chokes". I used Kent Tungsten with my Rem. 11-87 12 ga this year with a M choke and had excellent results that FAR exceeded steel shot. Great patterns and excellent knock down power.

• 3 weeks later...

Talon,'

Sorry it has taken so long to reply. The Briley chokes are made by the Briley company. You can find their chokes in shooting catelogs, or their website.

I have called in all my orders to the company itself. Every choke has been at the house within 4 days. Cant ask for better service.

If you are looking for a choke that will perform, Patternmaster extended choke tubes are the way to go. I would put a hundred dollar bill that the patternmaster would out perform any other choke available. I am a waterfowl hunter and have to shoot that worthless steel shot, but ever since getting the extended patternmaster for my sbeII when the bird is hit, he is going down 99% of the time. Thanks to the tighter pattern, delivering more bb's and more energy. Take a look www.patternmaster.com. I promise you won't be sorry, but it does take a while to get used to shooting.