Terror Chokes

drakekillr

I was thinking of buying a Terror Choke for my SBE2. I am debating between the .675 and .700. I was wanting to use it for ducks and geese at reasonable distances with steel. Clays, doves, and maybe some upland birds. I usually use Modified Factory tubes, but would like a little something extra for the waterfowl. A little tighter choke wouldn't hurt for the high flying doves either. I noticed that a .700 measures about the same as an Improved Modified, and a .675 as a Turkey choke on the Carlsons web site. However, the SRM website lists the .700 as a Modified factory and the .675 as an Improved Modified or Full factory tube. What to do?

The 700 is better for 40 yrds or less. The 675 will pattern tight at 40 yrds or less. The terror really don't use the same constriction guide as factory chokes. I use a 675 & 655 on my SBE1 & both are too tight for over decoy shooting ,especially with HS.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...