Mabey buying SBE 2 for next year

MattMaus2010

BENELLI SBE II

No DOUBT, buy the Benelli SBE II. It is a lighter, nicer, easier on the shoulder, easier to clean gun.

It's only like $100 bucks more, which is nothing in the course of a lifetime of ownership.

We have 3 Benelli SBE II's and 2 Benelli SBE's in my family.....all love them.

They are inertia operated....much better then gas...which is not only more work to clean...but more prone to jamming in bad weather, or if not cleaned properly.

Most gas opertated guns are lighter recoil....except the Benelli. It is the lightest out there.

The Beretta is heavier and more clumbsier.... I know that they are also fatter foreends...which was a pain...but apparently the new ones aren't as fat, because people complained. I've shot the original one...but not the new one.

All I know is that Benelli's are the lightest, fastest, cleanest, and easiest on the shoulder....can't beat that.

All of our Benelli's are 26" barrell's. We blind hunt for ducks and field hunt for pheasant in SD..... the "26 barrell is the best compromise for all hunting conditions.

We all have BLACK MATTE, because of problems with the CAMO ones.

Good Hunting. Tell us what you buy.

Don't buy one.

They are too expensive - all other brands are cheaper and work better - Benelli should pay you to own their products, the safety is too loud, camo chips off, they don't cycle, the trigger is not adjustable, new barrels are not free, the don't have every part available at your every whim, they do not offer 24 hour customer service, etc.

Now, if you can live with all of the above, I guess the SBE II is an ok gun...

2003_0101snows0014.jpg

2003_0101jan7n80077.jpg

2003_0101jan7n80013.jpg

2003_0101geese0018.jpg

mudhen - CA

You forgot to mention that Benelli has yet to adopt the ICTSSA (International Choke Tube Standard Size Agreement), so their tubes may not fit your Iver Johnson or Ted Williams tongue.gif

And the recoil reduction system reduces the felt recoil of an extremely lightweight Inertia shotgun.

The gun will still kick, and it may even kick more than your 15 yr. old 12.5 lb. BrownRemChester gas gun.

Originally posted by MattMaus2010:

so whats all the talk about the camo on these guns

Dunno :confused:

I truly think most folks have no idea what the camo finish is. They would rather bash it than learn anything about it.

It's a thin plastic film. Period. It's not tough. Not rugged. It adds about $100 to the MSRP, which is less than it costs to have done aftermarket. It's not paint, permanent, anodized, clear coated, powder coated, etc.

It does prevent some rust from forming, but it's not rustproofing.

Bug spray eats it, you can scratch it off with your fingernails if you choose, it will fade over time, wear in spots, likes to flake at the edges, etc.

Now true defective bubbling is bad and Benelli usually fixes under warranty.

The photos above are after 100 hunts in the field. I have a few wear spots, nothing I find objectionable.

Once it wears off to the point I care, I'll send it off and have it re-dipped for $100-$150. Maybe darker next time though...

mudhen - CA

I must respectfully disagree with usmarine about the recoil thing. I have a couple of friends with Xtrema's and one with an Ithaca Mag 10. As far as their shoulders and mine go, my SBE kicks harder than any of theirs. We often trade guns while shooting clays or pattern testing and they always comment about feeling my gun more and vice versa for me. Others with pump guns think my SBE feels about the same as theirs with the same loads. Maybe it's just us but SBE's have to have recoil to operate while it's the nature of gas guns to absorb it.

IdahoDucker:

To respond to your comment..... to clarify what I meant...... ANY shotgun that is of the same WEIGHT of the Benelli SBE II will have a usually have a higher recoil.

If you shoot a 10 gauge shotgun that weighs 11 lbs., I would expect it to have a lower recoil.

Originally posted by usmarine:

IdahoDucker:

To respond to your comment..... to clarify what I meant...... ANY shotgun that is of the same WEIGHT of the Benelli SBE II will have a usually have a higher recoil.

If you shoot a 10 gauge shotgun that weighs 11 lbs., I would expect it to have a lower recoil.

Good point. I might be a little biased as to what I consider to be considerable recoil. I had a double barrel 10 gauge for a few years and once while testing turkey loads both barrels went off at once. Let me tell you, one load from any twelve gauge is nothing compared to what that was and it weighed 13 pounds.

Originally posted by MattMaus2010:

...i will definately be purchasing one soon

Good idea.