type of choak, and shells

Eider

hey all

I have a Nova Pump 3 1/2 and I was wondering if anyone had any information on what type of choak and shells I should use when ducking hunting with steel shot, I will be shooting at about 35-40 yards over decoys. The season is only 2 weeks away and I was thinking on trying to pattern my gun....all suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Primos Dead Zone chokes have performed well for me in the SBEII. I'd expect similar results with the Nova.

The set cosists of two choke tubes. One for decoying birds and one for pass shooting.

Your shot size will depend on the size of the ducks, but generally I like steel #3's in the Kent Fasteel.

The new PatternMaster chokes are absolutely unbelievable..... I’d suggest the standard for all under 40 yard shots and extended for 30 to 80. They’ll bust a duck and not even leave a wingbeat…… As far as shot, I like heavyshot #4’s but Kent Tung-Matrix shells are awesome as well…

The new PatternMaster chokes are absolutely unbelievable..... I’d suggest the standard for all under 40 yard shots and extended for 30 to 80. They’ll bust a duck and not even leave a wingbeat…… As far as shot, I like heavyshot #4’s but Kent Tung-Matrix shells are awesome as well…