2006-2007 Waterfowl Pics Thread

tucker301

Alright boys and girls (and men who wear manties), goose season has already begun, and the ducks are coming up soon!

So let's post up some pics of those rusty old Benellis, virus-free birds, and if you must... your ugly mugs :D

Wishing everyone a bountiful and safe season!

• 2 weeks later...

You know i don't understand why they don't allow you to kill more birds. I honestly think that the waterfowl are over populated. Our limit here in Manitoba is 5 canada geese but as you can see i don't let a number interfear with my hunt. I usually shoot till i feel that is enough birds to clean for one day.

i dont know if you understand this tucker but shane19 (my hunting partner) is legal to hunt and go over the limit just because you think we are over doesnt mean we actualy are.

shall i point you out to another post made...

http://www.benelliusa.com/forums/ultimatebb.php/topic/7/173.html

and in all honesty i dont think the *game wardens* are going through all the work of tracking our ip's just to send us a fine. plus the pictures above doesnt mean anything considering there was 7 of us. Id say we were in legal limits.

44 Mallards

20 Snow geese

7 Canada geese

Legal limits are:

Ducks - 8 per person ( 8x7= 56)

Snow geese 20 per person ( 20x7= 140)

Canada geese 5 per person ( 5x7= 35)

so therefore we didnt do a realy good shoot but it was a great hunt and it took a long enough time to clean the birds.

And *evidence* for all you know he could have been lying (which he may not be as well i know the answer). it would not be enough proof for them to even charge us or him they have to have more evidence then a picture posted on the internet and a little caption.

[ 09-28-2006, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Blake_22 ]

Limmits are there for a reason, so what if you are a Native American and can shoot as much as you want. The point is this, limmits are put on birds to prolong the life of the species, not so a warden can stand around and hand out fines, although that is the price one has to pay for breaking the LAW! I think that it is dumb of you guys to post how many over the limmit that you went. When most people hear of such activities it makes them MAD Be smart for once and keep the over the limmit details to your self. Rather than stating that you shot x number of birds by your self, ( and being so far over the limmit that it's not even funny) try stating numbers close to leagle limmits. That way should you ever be investigated you won't look so incriminating.

tucker what i am trying to say is you have absolutly no proof. im not saying shane is lying about his bag limits or im not saying he is telling the truth. i am saying even if he were to show the pictures and say how much he has / and or had.

it all could be false. in the last picture he posted who's to say i wasnt there?

in are first hunt who is to say there wasnt 5 of us there?

and as goes for ol'Roy's post....

think what you want about *Native American's* but they have rights and that was givin to them by our government.

ol'Roy:

When most people hear of such activities it makes them MAD

well **** happens. i get mad about a lot of things myself and hunting is not one of them i like to go out for a great morning or evening of shooting and being outdoors. there are plenty of birds out there. you guys all need to get a life and not be so tense of what goes on around you especially the internet. i dont know if you guys understand it is a screen that you look into it isnt like you are talking to the person 1 on 1 for all you know and the athorities know we could be ********ing all together. maybe we dont even hunt, have you ever thought about that tucker?

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Blake_22:

Id say we were in legal limits.

Legal limits are:

Canada geese 5 per person

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

Originally posted by shane19:

Went out Sautrday morning Sept 23 by myself and shot 9 canada's ...

Perhaps you and Shane should get together (in a less Bilblical way than usual, I mean), and get your stories straight?

What stories??? shane said one thing and i said the legal limit. like i said you dont know if there was another person standing beside him do you.

You know, you guys are probably right.

I'll bet those Canadian conservation officers aren't all that great with IP addresses.

But, I'll bet they can work wonders with boat registration numbers

Nock yourself out... Have fun doing it...... they will more than likely say the same thing i did..... NOT ENOUGH PROOF. you cant go by a picture with nobody in it or just by typing it could be all ********.

so tucker get a life...... and a job.. maybe that will keep you away from the computer for about 2 hours a day.

Tuck isn't cutting anyone down, he's replying to someone who should really keep their "special rights" to themselves, rather than come one here and seemingly brag about killing dozens of birds in a single weekend. Most of us have to play by the rules, and don't particularily want to hear about those who don't. And for me personally, I grow tired of hearing about the excessive numbers of birds taken.

And as far as those gents from Canada.....you have no bag limits, good for you, shoot em up. But don't come on this forum, post pictures of your piles of birds, and expect people to be happy about it. By all means, do your thing guys....just don't be so blatant about it. The love of the sport seems to have diminished......is that not whay you guys hunt in the first place?

By the way, if anyone is going to try talking facts with Tucker....good luck. Don't forget to bring your lunch and a box of tissue. :D