Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
AL_Waterfowler

What is everone shooting at waterfowl?

Just wanted to see what everyone is shooting at waterfowl this season... I have a SBEII and an M2 that I use and am a big fan of Hevishot #2's and #4's and also a bit of Fasteel...Good Luck to all!

[ 11-22-2006, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: AL_Waterfowler ]

I have a Nova which I rarely if ever use. My "main" gun is a SBE in max4 with a patternmaster. I like to shoot either Fast Steel or Fedaral Premium #2;3". I shoot tungston matrix and hevishot at geese once in a while too.

I shoot my 12 gauge Nova. I'm still looking of a load that patterns well, but right know I'm using Remington High Speed Sports Man in #2 and #4 shot, 3" loads and 1.25 oz. I'm also experimenting with Hevi-shot in #6 and #4.

i shoot sbe 2 with federal 3.5" speed shok 1 3/8 oz. 1550 fps in 2,3 shot

mostly factory mod choke or .700 terror

sometimes i shoot nova with factory mod. not often though.

Benelli SBE II with patternmaster, with 3.5" federal heavy high vel. BB's. Also winchester supreme high vel. BB's both in 1 1/2 oz. kills em' stone dead evertime. In the marsh when the ducks are in close tend to use any type of 3" #4 with Primos dead zone decoy choke or factory modified. Man i can't wait till next year!!

I'm a purist, and I don't believe in all this newfangled, hi-tech duck hunting equipment.

I wear a loincloth and sandals.

I swim out to the blinds, which I build entirely of indigenous vegetation, vines, and fish guts.

I call ducks by mouth. Shivering makes a nice feed call.

I take 'em with a 6-10 oz. river rock, depending on their size.

I will hide out underneath the surface for divers and catch them when they come by me.

Trog, my hunting buddy, says I shouldn't do it, but I will try to get them on the water sometimes.

I'm not as gooda shot as Trog, but I am a better retreiver.

tongue.gif

Hevi shot 3 " 4's or 6's for decoying , 2's otherwise and sometimes a Hevi shot turkey load for a backup shot thru my Stoeger M2000.

I like 3" 1.25oz #4 for early season Teal&Woodies then switch to 3" 1 1/4 or 1 3/8 #3 for later in the season, #3 steel is also great on pheasants. I've also had excellant luck with Heavy shot 3" #4 or#6 for ducks/pheasant and 3" #2 for decoying geese.

Looks like a lot of similarities and some differences...I on the otherhand and taking my Hevishot #4's and my SBEII and M2 and heading to Arkansas for what hopefully will be a great hunting weekend!