I love my job!

tucker301

Today, we had our Christmas feast. Maria, a Honduran immigrant co-worker cooked all kinds of authentic Mexcian dishes.

While she was preparing the torillas, four turkeys ambled into the wheat field next to our building.

One of the guys happened to have his rifle in his vehicle and before long the guys were asking me if I wanted to try one of them (I'm pretty much the resident marksman).

I asked a few questions about the rifle and how it was sighted, then assumed a good rest across the top of a car. It's a small shop with about a dozen employees, and everyone knew what was going on.

It was right at 200 yards. I clipped one right above the drumsticks (destroyed), and left the breast fully intact. The bird was retreieved, promptly fileted and cut into strips. After an hour of chilling, the strips were breaded and deep-fried.

Delicious!

How many other people get to shoot turkeys from the parking lot?!

[ 12-23-2004, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: tucker301 ]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...