Double Bead Shotgun Sights

smokey1

Hello. My name is Smokey, and I recently bought the 12 Ga. SBEII Steady Grip shotgun. It has the double beads on the barrel. When turkey hunting could someone tell me how should I line up the beads, and where should I aim ie..middle of the neck, base of the neck...etc. I was trap shooting to break in my new gun, and an older gentleman told me to make a figure 8 with the beads. In other words, put the beads in line, but have the front bead on top of the back bead. Is that correct for turkey hunting also? Thanks in advance for responding!

On my SBE's, I block out the red with the silver, aim at the base of the neck, and do my best to squeeze that wonderful Benelli trigger!

I think that the figure 8 is good for trap, but it would make my guns shoot high on turkeys.

My patterns seems to center right where I aim.

nitrox.jpg

Good luck,

mudhen - CA

Thanks for the reply and the shot pattern. Now I can't wait to get to the range tomorrow, to see how I do. I know what you mean about trying to be sure to squeeze the trigger, instead of anticipating that recoil. Thanks again, and happy and safe hunting.....Smokey

Tucker301..I have a video from Primos, and near the end they said in patterning their guns, they try to get 90% of their pellets in a 30 inch circle at 30 yards, and that has given them a good pattern out to 40-45 yards. The 30 inch circle is to see where (hopefully) most of your shot is hitting. ie high, low, left, right or right on. Still have to get about 5 pellets in the head and neck to harvest a gobbler.

All I want is good coverage at the point of aim. If I were hunting 30" circles, then I'd pattern on a 30" circle. I can fit several turkeys in a 30" circle, and miss them all without the proper density at the point of aim.

But... you did know how to turkey hunt before the video, right??

Please say yes.

Well I'm learning how to turkey hunt. Pretty good at calling them up. But always trying to improve and learn pointers from other successful hunters. This is only my 3rd season, so still learning different tips and techniques. In 2 years 4 guys that hunt together have harvested 9 birds. Not bad for 4 rookies.

I am waiting for the new Benelli SBE II Turkey gun with the steady-grip. I have been waiting for three months on this gun from my dealer.

He calls yesterday to Benelli and they tell him it may be sixty more days. SO my question is does anyone have a dealer that this gun might be in stock.

Thanks for your time, and happy hunting