M2 vs. montefeltro

smetana_74

Originally posted by smetana_74:

which one would be better for sporting clays, and pheasnt hunting. im leaning toards the montefeltro because of the wood stock.

Well that is ok, but I used my wood stocked M2 Field last year for Trap, 5-Stand and Sporting Clays along with its hunting duties. In trap I shoot about 80 to 85%. In 5-Stand and Sporting I shoot about 60%. The issue is not the gun, it is me.

So far the M2 has bagged 14 pheasant, 3 Canada Geese, 2 mallards, 1 Pintail and 2 Chuckar in the 2 seasons that I have owned it.

So either one would be good. The advantage of the M2 is that it might be a little heavier which is a good thing in the clays games. There you shoot many birds as opposed to hunting where you shoot a few then wait then maybe a few more. A typical day of clay shooting is upwards of 100 to 200 birds in a day a coule of days a week. Throw in a Sporting Clays tournament or 2 and that number can go up to 300 to 500 rounds in a weekend.

Mike :D