choke tubes 12ga. Nova 26in. barrel

liljake05

have had my Nova about a year. great gun so far. the only tube i have used on it is one for Heavy shot from Cabelas. i have shot 3 inch #6 remington heavy shot turkey loads in it which patterns well but i think it could be better. i was looking at a Rhino .640-2 inch tube and was wondering if anybody else had tried this combination or if there is a better combo. also was wondering if anybody else's Nova had a hard trigger, like mine does, and if they new of a fix for it.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah .640 is pushing it.

and be careful with that heavy shot

and about the trigger take it in to a gunsmith and they can change it to a two stage trigger. I am lucky enough to have my next door neighbor being a gunsmith and he switched mine to a two stage trigger. He doesn't charge me for simple serveces so I don't know how much it will cost.

I love it now that its a two stage its much smoother and crisper pull.

[ 04-27-2005, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: The_Gun_Guy ]

A two stage trigger is when a trigger is made much, much less sensitive and helps people that have a problem with the trigger not really being smooth. they call it two stage because the trigger in a sense has two stages after the operation. the first stage is kind of like a starter it doesnt casue anything to happen for a cm and you hit the second stage where the effort slightly increases and the after you are pulling that for a while the hammer will go. I like it because it makes it so that you arent really causing the igneition with a single tap. it makes the trigger pull longer so that you can get used to it as you go. It's really good for begining shooters or people that can't seem to gain control of their finger pulling the trigger as they try and aim. So it might not be the best choice for you, It's just the only option that I could think of when you said it had a hard trigger and I know what you mean. but I don't know if you can switch it to be like a normal gun's trigger because of the strangeness of the mechanical parts. If I was you I would just practice and try to get used to it. That way when your using a nice semi-auto it will feel evan more comfortable than normal.

• 2 weeks later...

liljake05, pay no attnetion to the hogwash gun guy is putting out. The Benelli trigger must pull the hammer back before it is released to cause ignition of the primer. If the trigger pull is heavy 6 to 10 pounds, contact Benelli or a "competent" gunsmith.

Good grief.

A two stage trigger allows the manufacturer to use a heavier pull weight, while still meeting the demands of discriminating shooters who desire a lighter and more crisp break when firing the weapon.

By splitting the operation into two stages, the trigger starts off heavy, but breaks to light before firing.

It's sort of like staging a dragster.... Ready >>> GO!

[ 05-11-2005, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: tucker301 ]

• 2 weeks later...

I have the nova with 24" barrel and the cabela's hevi-shot choke tube. It worked well on a nice tom. However, the carbon steel of that choke tube rusted somewhat in the threads of the barrel. I have never had that happen with any other choke.

My reason for buying a Benelli is not to skimp. I also have a SBEII which love, but the nova is my dedicated turkey gun. Next year I will spend the $85.00 and buy a rhino or high quality choke.