Nova turkey chokes

cbradley399

What barrel length do you have and what size pellets do you prefer?

I would think any brand in the .660 range would work fine. Primos Jellyheads get good reviews. Kicks makes good tubes, so does Rhino, Comp-n-Choke, etc.

I have quite a few Benelli turkey chokes at home - give me a day to see what I have - I think I can send you one for nothing - my SBE II shoots the Crio choke, so I have no need for so many tubes.

mudhen - CA

I just shot mine using factory full choke. It sucked. I shot win extended #6 3 inch, had 2 kills but only 7 pellets hit, Hevi #6 3 inch 1 kill 8 pellets hit, also shot 3 half inch #6, 3 kills 6 pellets hit the bird...Yes I had 3 dead birds but I want more pellets hitting...all were at 40 yards...I guess I can try 5's but I think I'll try a different choke.............

I just got my Undertaker HS choke and put it in my nova today and went and tested it out. I shot the Winchester Xtended range 5 shot 3.5 and it threw a very tight pattern at 35-40 yards. tored the birds head all to pieces lol... I also shot federal 3.5 they did real good too but not as good as the winchesters

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a nova and got a lot of help from reading the posts here and on the NWTF site. Thanks everyone!!! I went with the 24" barrel, and a pure gold, extended, ported tube at .670. I tried a number of different rounds and the federal premium 3 1/2 #6's and remington hevishot 3 1/2 # 6's did the best in my gun so far. It is up to you, but I did a bit better with the hevi thn the lead. As a matter of fact, this morning at 40 yds, I had 213 hits in a 10 in ciclre, with an astounding 44 in a 4 in. Needless to say, dead turkey. I am still waiting on the hevi 13 to come in and am also going to try the winchester extd range (their hevi) and will let you know the results when I try it.

Best of luck, but keep in mind, I am simply a noivice at this so if I can find something that works, you should have no trouble.

Jason

Originally posted by mudhen:

What barrel length do you have and what size pellets do you prefer?

I would think any brand in the .660 range would work fine. Primos Jellyheads get good reviews. Kicks makes good tubes, so does Rhino, Comp-n-Choke, etc.

I have quite a few Benelli turkey chokes at home - give me a day to see what I have - I think I can send you one for nothing - my SBE II shoots the Crio choke, so I have no need for so many tubes.

mudhen - CA

Getting great results with a Benelli Nova pump and HS Strut Undertaker .665 and .675 turkey chokes (only $19.99) shooting Winchester Supreme High Velocity 3 1/2" shells (2-oz. #5 shot).

IMHO:

The Rhino chokes at $99 and the $39 Primos Jelly Head chokes are probably a little better; budget minded shooters should give the Undertaker a hard look.

Steve

P.S. Also bought .675 and .700 Undertakers for waterfowl.