Sabot Slugs

69beers

I've recently purchased a rifled slug barrel and a Leupold 2-7X33 scope for my SBE. Anyone have suggestions for accurate slugs at 100+ yards? I really wanted to use the Remington Core-Lokts for deer and bear, but they are all over the paper at 100. The Winchester Platinum seemed to group well at 50, but I only had 3 to shoot! I'll be trying out the new Winchester Gold Partitions, Winchester Platinums, Hornady H2Ks, and some Lightfield Hybred EXPs.

If anyone has had some good results with high performance sabots I would appreciate the feed back...and so would my wallet!

• 3 weeks later...

Winchester Gold Partition sabots fired out of a SBE officially kill whitetails! I bagged a 7 pointer on Monday in SE Ohio. I was really surprised that it didn't knock him down at only 30 yards! I put behind a 50 cal hole behind the left shoulder, vaporized a lung, cut the heart in half, and put another 50 cal hole out the other side with little or no expansion. I may be switching to the Lightfield EXP, Brenneke Supersabot, or the Federal Barnes Expander 3/4 oz.

Originally posted by 69beers:

I've recently purchased a rifled slug barrel and a Leupold 2-7X33 scope for my SBE. Anyone have suggestions for accurate slugs at 100+ yards? I really wanted to use the Remington Core-Lokts for deer and bear, but they are all over the paper at 100. The Winchester Platinum seemed to group well at 50, but I only had 3 to shoot! I'll be trying out the new Winchester Gold Partitions, Winchester Platinums, Hornady H2Ks, and some Lightfield Hybred EXPs.

If anyone has had some good results with high performance sabots I would appreciate the feed back...and so would my wallet!

Originally posted by 69beers:

Hey i have a question. Will it damage the inside of my Benelli Nova to shoot slugs through it?? E-Mail me back at [email protected]