Truly sickening video.

tucker301

it seems the majority of hunting down in my area (South Texas) is on fenced ranches

a friend took me out (my first time hunting) in January to one of these ranches and although it was pretty cool to see all the different animals (it was an exotic game ranch), it was kinda sad in the fact the the animals are "caged" and even more sad that people will pay (happily) 5 digits to shoot one of these animals

The whole video would be almost comical ... if it wasn't so pathetic. I guess old Jimmy qualifies as a “media fabricator" type now. Kind of reminded me of Richard Nixon & Watergate with that “open letter” and paranoiac “they want to watch Jimmy burn” statement. “I really don’t think that many people care one way or the other Jimmy.” What they DO care about is some semblance of ethics and fair play from EVERY hunter; be it a novice, rookie kid , an experienced old salt, or a supposed “professional” who makes his living at it.

A friend of mine who makes his living as a pro archer was communicating with one of those "outdoor shows" about doing a segment on an archery hunt here in Jersey. They wanted such an incredible amount of extremely specific data on the available facilities and the deer ... that it's hard for me personally to believe that "Jimmy" and his entire staff didn't know EXACTLY what was going on six months before they got there.

• 1 month later...

First off I think one can ethically hunt deer inside a fenced in area. I know of a few places around here that have 20,000 + acres of fenced in property. The landowners felt it was necessary to do this because most of the people from Louisiana have the "If its brown, its down" attitude making it very hard for clubs to manage their property. So some people put up fences so they can manage their herds. I don't have a problem with this if they aren't cornering the deer with the fences, which it appears exactly what Jimmy Houston did. I don't have a problem with hunting in enclosed areas if you are hunting a reasonable distance from the fences and you aren't cornering the deer with it. Will I ever hunt in a fenced in area, absolutely not. I don't think thats hunting.

To be honest, I was a huge Jimmy Houston fan when I was a kid. I think I have around a dozen Jimmy Houston tapes in the attic somewhere. I'd get up every Saturday morning and record his 30 minute television show. It was really the only fishing show I ever watched. I must admit I'm pretty disappointed after watching that video clip.

• 1 month later...