Benelli M4 with 2 shot extension "QUESTION"

AR-BALLISTIC

Hi all , I just installed a 2 shot FACTORY Benelli extension on my M4 model 11703 today. It seems that I can fit 7 in the tube (the 7th is a snug fit) and 1 in the chamber. I thought I could only put 6 in the tube and 1 in the chamber. Is this normal? Whats up with that?? Let me know. CHEERS , Michael

[ 01-23-2006, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: AR-BALLISTIC ]

OK , done. I took my trusty snap ring pliers and removed the Mag. spring seal ring( thats what the book calls it) The 7th round still fits snug , but if you think that seal ring is good for nothing then I will leave it out. Thanks for being around to answer questions.I am proud to be an M4 owner , I really dig BENELLIs. Cheers bro , Mike

Originally posted by AR-BALLISTIC:

Hi all , I just installed a 2 shot FACTORY Benelli extension on my M4 model 11703 today. It seems that I can fit 7 in the tube (the 7th is a snug fit) and 1 in the chamber. I thought I could only put 6 in the tube and 1 in the chamber. Is this normal? Whats up with that?? Let me know. CHEERS , Michael

Well just a cool side note my M4 will hold seven in the tube, one in the chamber, and one on the shell lifter for a total of 9... All you need to do is load the tube, drop one in the chamber, and drop one on the lifter holding it down as you close the bolt... I heard about it on AR-15.com and it works.. I've not fired it from this position but it performs fine with orange training rounds.. just fyi

Originally posted by chrisb1:

The key to remember when loading 7 2 3/4inch shells is the last shell should feed as smoothly as the first. For a M4 11707. If the last round does not feed as easily as the first, then you have not correctly installed the 2 shot magazine extension.

The M4, 11707 capacity is 7 2 3/4inch or 6 3 inch shells.