shooting reloads

Remymag

i just buy 1oz loads by the case 37.99 for 250 at the local gun shop but an old timer at the club let me shoot some of his the other day after i shot about 150 rounds and i realy liked them im not shure what they were but they were quite dirty but they had almost no kick

what powder and shot are you using and what are you using the load for?

Sporting Clays 1-1/8oz. loads:

BPI's 12ga. 2-3/4" Multi-Hull 12/2A

Alliant Green Dot Powder

G/BP Piston Skeet Wads

Magnum lead (size-8)

This is what I've settled on and am most happy with so far.

[ 03-22-2004, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: birddog ]

on a different but related topic, I am going to use my SBE on the trap range. In order to cause no delays for other shooters and save my back, I would like to have a hull catcher to attach to the receiver. Does anyone know a good source for one.

hbat785 are you trying to save for your self on practice fields or match fields?When I shoot my auto I use the oldest and last time hulls . If your at a match you dont have to worry about losing good hulls. Just a thought. At our club field will just rake after shooting , saves a little on the back.

ive given great thought to reloading but i need another hobby like a hole in my head. also beeing an artist im a little absent minded and not much for keeping records on any thing both of those things are vital for reloading. with my luck i would end up blowing my hand off or my house up :D

• 2 weeks later...

Remy, you are right about that...keep those priorities straight man. :D

What type reloader are you using? Is it progressive and how expensive or I should say inexpensive can I find one for to start loading? I've never reloaded shotshells but reloaded pistol and rifle shells for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey travis been a while crappy computer has been down .I use a mec sizemaster just because it was FREE:) I think a mec 650 is all a man needs for shooting sports. prices will vary 2.00-2.50 abox of shells. I split the cost with my father though I shoot more than him. I dont buy hulls any more a lot of older guys have so many they just give them awaybuy the grociery bag.I guess it depends on how much you shoot. I pay 13.00 for 1000 wads, 22.00 for a thousand primiers and 14.00 a bag of shot .How are the pricies there in south carolina?

Not bad...very similar to yours. There is a place in Tennessee that I have ordered from that have good prices if you order in bulk. Can't remember the name, but if I can find the catalog, I'll post the name for you.