Favorite bird to shoot?

Liberty or death Jr.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BK, I think it is just the opposite for me. I hunt in Arkansas as well. I guess that I like to shoot the birds that I do not see all the time. i guess that would have to be pin tails for me. Do not get me wrong I love a great green head hunt! However, there is just a little more excitement in the blind when a "rare" ( to the region you hunt) bird is working. imho.

Weim Hunter,

I'm fairly new to duck hunting... I did shoot my first pintail last year. I had to have it mounted. I just started green timber hunting and to see the greenheads circle and and then commit.....coming down through the timber is something that I always will remember.

Very well said my friend, and I totally agree with you. I was the same way a few years ago. I have been to Arkansas several years now and I still feel like a kid on Christmas morning when they lock up and start falling through the trees. I have just seen that more now, and have only been in the blind once when a group of pinnys were working. Guess that is why i say that. Congrats on your first duck season, sounds like it was a good one.