A Benelli CS story...

mudhen

Broke the ejector plate on an older SBE. It was the new flat-plate style of ejector, but this gun has had lots of 3.5" shells shot through it. Maybe 1000 last year alone.

Called Benelli CS and got an RA#. This did take some time on phone hold, but it's hunting season, so no big deal.

Benelli CS received the barrel via UPS on 12-18-06.

The work order shows the repair was done the next day, 12-19-06, and I received the barrel today, 12-27-06.

The invoice was marked "No Charge'.

I've needed Benelli CS just a few times in my 17 seasons of owning Benellis, but this is the type of service I have received each time.

I don't think that folks should confuse the lack of an available model or part with true customer service that keeps a gun operating properly.

Thank you Benelli.

Note - I will add that Browning acted very quickly on my last parts request, but I had to pay in full for everything I needed to keep my gun working. I am happy with Browning, but I don't think this is really 'customer' service, it's just someone in their parts department doing his job...

Matt,

That's great to hear.

With Benelli's track record, I've come to expect this kind of above and beyond service on just about anything.

I wouldn't be disappointed if my gun was out of warranty and I had to pay for service, but I guess I would be somewhat surprised.

Did Jim do the work, or do you know?

Haven't heard from him in some time.

Hoping he's still with us...them.:cool:

The only other company I can think of that comes close to or perhaps surpasses benelli in CS is Cabelas.

They never cease to amaze me.