Embarrased to Ask-Newbie

FINFAN

Can anyone tell me what the different situational use in target shooting for the different choke tubes that come with my supersport? C,IC,M,IM,F I have never had a gun with these different choke tubes before and think I might be using them wrong. I only shoot lead shot and trap and skeet with it. Thanks in advance.

cylinder - cylinder choke - no constriction

improved cylinder - I think its about 0.005 constriction - tighter than cylinder

Modified - tighter than improved cylinder

improved modified - tighter than modified, less than full

f= full - tighter than modified, but there are tighter chokes made.

for trap you will probably want improved modified or full due to the extended ranges. Skeet you will do better with improved sylinder or cylinder due to the close ranges. when shooting clays/ birds/shot pellets at anything I pretty much leave the modified choke in and not mess with it... Opinions vary on use of chokes. I'd probably change between trap and skeet, but you could shoot a modified for both and probably not hurt yourself much.

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me what the different situational use in target shooting for the different choke tubes that come with my supersport? C,IC,M,IM,F I have never had a gun with these different choke tubes before and think I might be using them wrong. I only shoot lead shot and trap and skeet with it. Thanks in advance.

Go to Wikipedia and search shotgun! Go down to choke section and that should help some and there are some other good items to be found there! Make sure to use a choke tube wrench and never leave one tight unless you are shooting with it and use choke tube lube! Briley says if ya leave them in and tight it's a good chance they could become stuck! But on the other hand ya gotta rememberto tighten them good before shooting!