SBE II problems...

hrlevi1

Hey everyone - I need some help. I will be calling customer service first thing Tuesday morning about my issue however until them I thought maybe one of you have had the same experience as me.

Today, while duck hunting, my SBE II did not fire several times when ducks approached. What happened was this; when I would shoulder the SBE II and pull the trigger all that woudl happen would be that another shell would eject into the receiver and the gun did not fire. This was surprising as it has never had a problem as of yet. This happaned four times when the first shot of three was being shot then once after the first soht was fired. (VERY FRUSTERATING!!!)

My question is really rather simple; is this something that I was doing incorrectly with the benelli? or was it a product of the extremely cold conditions (+/- 20 degrees F).

Please advise as I really don't want this to happen again. I guide with this gun and it is really important that it be reliable...

Please advise.

David

It could have been any of a number of things.

The gun must be shouldered firmly in order for it to cycle.

Using petroleum based or other crappy lubricants in lower temps can also cause problems.

Clean the gun thoroughly and lubricate it with Breakfree CLP, Hoppes Elite, or similar products.

Make sure it's shouldered firmly, and try it at different angles to simulate hunting situations.

If you still have problems, contact Benelli Customer Service.

Hey Tucker ~

Thanks for the input. What exactly do you mean by shouldered firmly. I had several layers of clothing on therefore it may have been not pressed against my shoulder like in the spring while turkey hunting... Please let me know what you think as if there is something regarding how firmly the gun is to your sholder then this could have certainly have been the problem. I really remaing perplexed by this as my thoughts were that it should not matter how loosely or firmly the gun is to the back stop... it still should cycle (fire, eject and load another round)

Thanks in advance for your advice...

David

It matters quite a bit.

An Inertia system such as the SBEII relies upon the resistence of the shooter's shoulder to help complete the cycling action.

Recoil sets the process in motion, and the butt plate meeting resistence completes the cycle.

Shoot an SBEII from the hip and there's a good chance the gun won't cycle properly.

Conversely, place the butt against a brick wall and the results will be similar.

With heavy clothing, you must bring the gun back and in enough that you feel the butt pushing against your shoulder.

The clothing should be compressed at the shoulder.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey everyone - I need some help. I will be calling customer service first thing Tuesday morning about my issue however until them I thought maybe one of you have had the same experience as me.

Today, while duck hunting, my SBE II did not fire several times when ducks approached. What happened was this; when I would shoulder the SBE II and pull the trigger all that woudl happen would be that another shell would eject into the receiver and the gun did not fire. This was surprising as it has never had a problem as of yet. This happaned four times when the first shot of three was being shot then once after the first soht was fired. (VERY FRUSTERATING!!!)

My question is really rather simple; is this something that I was doing incorrectly with the benelli? or was it a product of the extremely cold conditions (+/- 20 degrees F).

Please advise as I really don't want this to happen again. I guide with this gun and it is really important that it be reliable...

Please advise.

David

I would click on customer service on this website and then click on troubleshooting "if" you have tried putting it to your shoulder and shooting it! They have a failure to fire tree to follow on the troubleshooting page and it tells ya what "They" want ya to do before ya call! What kinda ammo are ya using?