M3 Pump?

pup21

I have a M3 and love it. I take it out to the skeet range and find it easier to swing with the target than other guns, but I was wondering the other day...... I know how to clear a jam using the pump in auto (Never had a jam though) but was wondering how, or if, the gun can be used solely as a pump (for pump competition). I thought this was possible with a M3. Is this option only available to clear jams like I know how to do in auto? Can it be used just a pump? Thanks.

I talked to a police officer a while back, and he let me look at his. He said he liked it because it could be used in pump mode for less-than-lethal projectiles, so I am pretty sure it can be done. However, I have no idea how, as I only drooled on his. I didn't get to shoot it.

Doc

pup21,

There is a lever extending out both sides of the forward area of the forearm. This is the lever that changes it from semi to pump. It is super easy to do this on the fly and is very useful. You simply move the forearm back an eighth of an inch to unhook the sheet metal latch and pump away. Don't hold the lever down and push forward all the way as it will go back to semi if you do.

I think the M3 is great for swinging at clay pigeons because of the extra weight of the recoil spring in the forearm...definitely great for a 20" barrel. I also had the 26" V-Barrel and wish I would have kept the gun as it was cool.

Have fun..

Thanks for the advice guys, took it out today and tryed to use the pump function but had trouble. I depressed the selector on the stock and moved it down to the notch, (Does the action need to be closed at this point)? I pumped it but am having trouble going past the notch while pumping and turning it back into semi. Some instances it "locked" with a shell in the chamber. Are these problems resulting from my ignorance? The manual is not a help and the dealer that I ordered the gun from is lost also. Thanks for any advice.