LOP

dowgars

The recoil pad on the M2's just snap on and off, I would put some rubbing alcohol on the mounting lip of the new pad to make it easier to put it on. Recoil shouldn't change with the new pad, but you should make sure that you don't make the LOP too short or else your thumb might hit your nose.

dowgars,

I have the SBE II and changed mine out last season for a couple of hunts...I changed it back afterwards because for me, it did not improve the handling characteristics I was looking for. It also put my face too far forward on the stock.

I shoot 3.5" steel for waterfowl and did notice a difference that added up by the end of the day (especially for multi-day hunts), but not enough to cause concern for the 3" stuff.

I bought the 14" pad last night and snapped it on. On doing so I could hear you guys laughing your tails off at my question. I've been shooting this gun for 4 or so years and never really looked at the pad. I was at work yesterday and didn't have the gun. The guy at the sporting good store was surprised I didn't know how easy it was since he said they fall off of guns "all the time." My other shotguns have shorter LOP's So I want to try this. $80 it cost. Thanks Dowgars

It sounds like you have never cleaned the recoil tube...

If you don't want to take it off for a much needed cleaning, you should at least take the straw attachment on a can of Gun Scrubber and empty half the bottle into the small drain hole at the back of the recoil assembly (working the piston back and forth while doing so). Then use Break Free and repeat again. When your finished, prop the muzzle end down and let it drain for a day.