Recoil on 20 gauge

Straight Shooter

I have been using a Remington 1100 slug gun for deer hunting in past years and I was looking at the M1 20 gauge slug gun or perhaps an M2 with a slug barrel. Any idea how the recoil will compare to the 1100? I realize the 20 gauge will be better than a 12 and that is part of what I like about the 20. I have seen comments about the Benelli's having more recoil and I was wondering if that would be the case.

I have been using a Remington 1100 slug gun for deer hunting in past years and I was looking at the M1 20 gauge slug gun or perhaps an M2 with a slug barrel. Any idea how the recoil will compare to the 1100? I realize the 20 gauge will be better than a 12 and that is part of what I like about the 20. I have seen comments about the Benelli's having more recoil and I was wondering if that would be the case.

M1 20 Guage only weighs around 6 Lbs so you can figure yes it will probably kick more than the 1100 Remington due to design and actual weight differences! But ya gotta love it!! How many rounds ya going to shoot thru it a year? Health issues with shoulder?

I will probably put 20 rounds through it in a year. I realized the lighter weight would probably mean more kick, but what is the design difference you refer to? I really am wondering if it will be a very big difference or not.

Go to home page and click on innovations and watch movie, explains a little about inertia system! Biggest issue is the weight of the gun versus felt recoil, heavier the gun lighter the recoil, lighter the gun heavier the recoil! Try Wixipedia, search inertia recoil shotguns and standard gas operated shotguns, they have great info!