Anybody got a Cordoba?

Liberty or death Jr.

I was thinking of getting one instead of an SBE II, I like the gun better and I'm going to be using heavy shot #6 for ducks and #2-#3 for geese next year. The three inch shell has done just as well as the 3-1/2s. Plus I'll be doing a lot of dove and pheasant hunting, so I want a gun better suited for all around hunting. I have already looked at the legacy, ultralight, M1 and M2 and I like the cordoba the best. So if anyone has one, please post your satisfaction or unsatisfaction with the gun. Thanks

In my opinion I don't think they are any louder than a 24-26 inch barrel with 3 1/2 inch magnums. Remember Cordoba's only go to 3. Wonder what it would be like if a gun could go to 11 because it is one better than 10, ha, ha.....

They have a 28 inch barrel (shortest) so it will be a little longer and the ports will be where a 26 inch barrel will be at so......

Oh yeah, Ear plugs. They work wonders, ha, ha...

I am funny today.......NOT!

CR

I figured the porting would be loud because my brothers overbored, ported mossberg is the loudest gun I have ever heard, doesn't matter what shell he uses, if it goes off and you don't have ear plugs, your ears will be ringing for the next hour.

Dooderman, one thing I noticed is the overbored 12 gauges aren't as big as a 10 but they are a lot bigger then a 12. So I guess the barrels are 11 gauge. I believe they had an 11 gauge, it wasn't as good as either the 10 or 12, so they discontinued it. I do know the gun goes only three inch, that is why I said I was going to be using hevi-shot and I have noticed the three inch do just as well and they go faster. The 3-1/2 just puts more steel in the air.

Liberty,

Too much gun stuff. I keep it stock and go with what is available so there is not ever an issue. If a gun was designed to be overbored then it would be designed that way.

I guess if you are so into it on the tinkering side then it would be fun but for me load and role, don't worry about it. Enjoy the experience of hot coffee in a blind or a day with the wife at the clay course or hunkering down on the last two pairs in a competition. The experience is what drives me.

Ok enough rambling on to my point. If you are shooting right you can get a big enough Magnum load to handle whatever you are shooting at with 3 inch. It will knock it down. 3 1/2's are a bit much in my opinion. I guess maybe on a Canada goose but I think there are some fine shells in 3 inch to do the job. Federal makes some that have over 1500fps that are screamers and will put down what you are shooting.

What do I know, I am new....

CR

Sorry Dooderman, but your first two paragraphs don't make any sense to me. The mossberg my brother has was made to be an overbored shotgun, its pattern with large shot is amazing, but I am not a fan of large shot so I don't really care, but it is overbored for a reason.

The three inch winchester supremes hit just as hard as the 3-1/2 winchester HV, SuperX and Drylock. The hevi-shot does more then I need it to. I don't like to shoot past 40 yards, I have occasionally shot 50-60 yards but I am most comfortable at 30-40 so threes will do just fine. Thanks for the comments everyone.

Sorry if it didn't make sense but you said exactly what I meant. The Mossberg WAS MADE to be an overbored gun. Benelli's were not unless I missed something SO since they are not I was pointing out about keeping it stock. I wouldn't take mine in and get it all modified is what I was saying.

And as your 2nd paragraph said there are plenty stong enough shells in 3 inch. I guess i was just agreeing with the whole 3 inch thing. Go with it and you will love the Cordoba.

I have the SS which is the same gun but fancier looking. The Cordoba will do the job and I LOVE the coating it has on it. Too bad they don't put that on the black SBEII's. I think that coating would be bomb proof. I like the dull finish to.

My 2nd gun will be the Cordoba but in the shortest barrel they have when I buy it (most likely the 28 inch) so I can swing it in a blind good OR I will get the SBEII. I like the Cordoba though because I like my SS so much.

There, we agree and all is well. You RULE!!!