Dipping problem?

JAS

Those of you that have dipped gun that use slings:

Is the dipping coming off where the sling attaches at the end of the magazine tube? I'm not talking about where the swivel attaches (where normal wear would take place) but rather half way up the part (no clue what it's called) that goes to the actual barrel?

This is a Nova that's only been used for the past month and has had a sling used maybe 4 times out.

That is interesting that you are having these problems. They must have prepared a few thousand shotguns wrong. I have read a few problems with the SBE IIs also.

My nova went through think brush and some thorns every single time I hunted with it. Which was a lot this year, I have a few minor digs and scratches, most of which are from dropping it or something. The camo on my gun has far exceeded what I expected from a paint job. I'm very happy with the way mine has held up.

Well, I looked at my X-mas pics (when I got the gun) and it looks like it was like this when I first got it. So, the sling is off the hook. ;)

We called our local gun shop where it was purchased and he said the guns he has up there now are like this. We can't get over there to verify until this weekend. How would I go about getting this taken care of? What is Benelli's email addy? Or is it better to do over the phone? Thanks.

The film didn't get a good bite into the corners.

Option: Prep w/ alcohol and apply a small amount of clear poly sealer on the edges to keep it from peeling anymore.

Option: Call Benelli CS and ask them to fix it under warranty. They will, but you'll have to send the barrel assembly in and be without for a while.

Option: Ignore it. It's no big deal.

Not sure how long it would take, suppose it depends on their current work load.

As for the clear poly stuff, not sure exactly what Tucker had in mind but I'd bet that some clear fingernail polish would do the trick, but I'd wait to see if Tucker confirms that or not. I know he likes a high gloss / buff job on his nails.

:D

Will that stuff not hurt what's left of the camo?

I found some other little spots where it seems to be missing the camo finish as well.

fore%20end3.jpg

It's like that in spots all around the "groves" of the fore-end. Is this normal?

Will that stuff not hurt what's left of the camo?

I found some other little spots where it seems to be missing the camo finish as well.

fore%20end3.jpg

It's like that in spots all around the "groves" of the fore-end. Is this normal?

That looks normal to me. I can't see how they can get the film to stick in every nook and cranny.

The problem is that the dipped finishes are not sealed. One would be better off ordering the gun not dipped and then send it off to Bell & Carlson to have them camo the gun. Then have them shoot their new MAXGUARD finish onto the camo finish which seals in the camo finish. Total cost is $180.00.

Belll & Carlson.

Available finishes.

Info on their MaxxGuard.

Back to the original poster. Call Benelli. You won't get anywhere emailing them, so call them and see what they say. Your second pics could easily be normal wear, I wouldn't worry about those, but if the other still bothers you then send her in and wait for them to send it back. They'll take care of you if it is truly something that they think isn't normal wear.