Stoeger vs benelli

turkey06

I am new here and i wanted to know what gun i should get for waterfowling. I narrowed it down to 2 guns, the Stoeger M2000 or the Benelli nova. I was looking at autoloaders that were around the stogers price range, and then i found the nova and i have been leaning twords the stoeger because it is an autoloader. I also hear that the nova is being held in the highest respect in the pump gun line, what be ur opinion?

In my opinion...it is really all about what you want. If you want a auto buy an auto...if you would rather a pump buy a pump. For the money I think the Stoeger is a good buy...I was given a great article on it in Gun Test Digest from a buddy. My hunting buddy has a Stoeger along with Benellis and he uses his M2000 all the time in the field with no problems...In my opinion the Stoeger is a good gun, and is very similar to a Benelli auto...less some of the bells and whistles (comfort tech, crio etc, price tag...). The fundamentals of both guns are the same, they will both do the same thing and will both kill ducks...any gun can give you problems read through some of these forums. Price has sometimes very little to do with functionality...for example you can buy a $100K sports car and a $30K sports car, both can have issues due to the mechanical nature of their components, but it all boils down to which one YOU want. They will both provide you the same utility in the long run given proper maintenace, but you have to ask yourself which one would you be satified with for the long haul. In my case I chose Benellis, simply because I wanted Benellis, maybe next time I will buy a Browning or a Winchester...who knows. I know this was a long-winded reply...sorry, but in my opinion I think that you should buy the one you want...you narrowed them down to 2 guns...I believe that they are both carry the same general price tag...so which one do yo want more? Get that one.

Good luck and Happy Hunting!

save the $$ and get the supernova or p350 for strictly waterfowling no reason not to get the 3 1/2" gun and a pump.

if your gonna do some targets and some upland and such the m2000 or franchi auto might be in order.

now if your just going for the cheepst gun you can get. go with the pump the auto is great but the pump is just nearly unbreakable. either nova or stoeger p-350

I just want to give mine 2cents on the M2000. It is good gun for the money. I'll be the first to admitt the first month I had it it almost landed in the river 3 or 4 times when it was malfunctioning. I then got on the net and found out that lots of people where having these same problems. So I cleaned it inside and out. Shoot 3 boxes of the cheapest 3in shells I could find. In the first box there was a couple of misfires, by the 3rd box it ws cycling faster than I'll ever need.

All my point is is it is a decent gun for the money. There are alot of post and (people) that (know) people that has problems with this gun. So if you like it get. Like Al-waterfowler put it "if you want an auto get it" is a good gun.