Am I misinformed?

clubster

I read about all the M4 owners who are tying to find the mag extension and adjustable stock set. However, it seems to be illegal to have these options on the 11707. Am I missing something or is it just the novelty to have them in a safe place?

UPDATE: I just spoke with the BATF and the current 11707 M4 configuration CAN have the factory extension and adjustable stock added on to it without breaking any federal law. Be aware your state may restrict this but if you are in a "nice" state you are fine. The old AWB law is where all the mis information is coming from which is no longer recognized by the ATF. This is what I was told but treat it as how you received it, "free". However, onto adding those items for me

It does not matter what state you live in, a functioning telescoping stock with pistol grip in still prohibited throughout the United States unless you add 5 approved US made parts or add the gun to the NFA registry. An imported semi-automatic shotgun cannot have both a pistol grip or telescoping/folding stock. This has been the law since before the Brady Bill and is still standing.

You can install a US made or Italian made full length magazine tube or extension to your M4 without adding any US parts by either installing the M4 synthetic field stock or by limiting the tube to 5 rounds with a plug.

It's a stupid law, I know. :(

It does not matter what state you live in, a functioning telescoping stock with pistol grip in still prohibited throughout the United States unless you add 5 approved US made parts or add the gun to the NFA registry. An imported semi-automatic shotgun cannot have both a pistol grip or telescoping/folding stock. This has been the law since before the Brady Bill and is still standing.

You can install a US made or Italian made full length magazine tube or extension to your M4 without adding any US parts by either installing the M4 synthetic field stock or by limiting the tube to 5 rounds with a plug.

What does the M4 synthetic field stock look like? Is that the one that comes with the 11707 as standard equipment?

I'm sorry if I read this wrong, but if I added a mag extension to an M4 with a synthetic pistol grip stock am I still okay? Plus whatever else, heat shield, scope, ghost rings, flashlight, ect.

I am 99.9% sure regardless what state you live in it will be illegal since it is the federal law that says no.:mad: However, the other things you mentioned are OK. Just no extension or adjustable stock can be added. I wonder how many illegal M4's are out there?:( I dont want to risk it since I have a nice firearms collection I would like to keep.

I'm sorry if I read this wrong, but if I added a mag extension to an M4 with a synthetic pistol grip stock am I still okay? Plus whatever else, heat shield, scope, ghost rings, flashlight, ect.

It's either the pistol grip or the extension. You can't have both unless you knock down the parts count.

So with the stock on this gun, http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/large/m4PGSynthetic12Ga.jpg I can't add a mag extension unless I replace some of the parts with US made parts? Wouldn't that mean that just about everyone with an M4 is illegal?

Yes. I am sure some are but I dont know the full history of the M4 to comment on the older ones. I am sure someone will chime in.

You can have one or the other as far as I know. If you add the 2 shot extension, then you have to have a standard stock. If you put on the telescoping stock, then you have to leave it for 5 rounds only. Another way around this, is register it on a ATF form 1 and then you can make it a SBS or do anything else you want. Hope that helps.

Thunderbolt,

Just for clarification--then this configuration is compliant with federal law:

pix2913386127.jpg

Correct?

Yes you are not violating any laws. Now don't put a telescoping stock on it, then you will be violating 922®.

Someone asked the qustion about where is that in writting from BATFE. You would have to look it up, but if you register your Benelli M4 as a SBS, then 922® does not apply, so you can put anything on it that you want, except full auto. Hope that helps.