My M1 Field is Jamming!

woodsie

Heres how my M1 is jamming. This has happened on both my brand new M1, and my older M1.

The gun stays clean, and is lightly lubed.

This is with both 3" Kent TM, and Remington Hevishot

My older gun had both the Surecycle spring, and the Sure Cylce mag kit.

The gun, normallly on the third shell, will get stuck half way, and I hope I describe this correctly, the spent shell will eject, and the shell in the magazine will pull up, and will get stuck halfway, right in the middle of the reciever, meaning its stuck halfway between the bottom of the reciever, and the top of the reciever, and doesnt push itself forward.

PLEASE HELP!, This gun fits me perfect, and I really dont want to get rid of it.

Should I try another type of ammo.

Any help is much appreacitated.

Thanks,

W.

Heres how my M1 is jamming. This has happened on both my brand new M1, and my older M1.

The gun stays clean, and is lightly lubed.

This is with both 3" Kent TM, and Remington Hevishot

My older gun had both the Surecycle spring, and the Sure Cylce mag kit.

The gun, normallly on the third shell, will get stuck half way, and I hope I describe this correctly, the spent shell will eject, and the shell in the magazine will pull up, and will get stuck halfway, right in the middle of the reciever, meaning its stuck halfway between the bottom of the reciever, and the top of the reciever, and doesnt push itself forward.

PLEASE HELP!, This gun fits me perfect, and I really dont want to get rid of it.

Should I try another type of ammo.

Any help is much appreacitated.

Thanks,

W.

since this is happening on 2 guns i would lean towards ammo but do a search on "Jamming" and you will probably find that shells that will not cycle ya just do not use? it is unusual for hev-shot to cause problems and i would probably call C/S on that issue!

I called benelli, and the guy said it does make a difference if its shouldered properly, and that could certanily be why its doing it.

SO, I had some time, and since I had more hevishot to burn(100.00 worth:p ), I went to the range again, and held it to my shoulder VERY TIGHT and I didnt have one jam, untill the very last shell , when I actually remeber not holding it tight, I must have been excited, becuase in my mind, I was saying, WOW, this is working.

Now I need to decided weather I can live with a gun that does not cycle all the way, if I dont shoulder it properly. I think I know the answer.:rolleyes:

W

I had a similar issue sith my M2 in the duck blind this past season. I also use Kent and Hevishot...for me it was from not shouldering the gun properly when a flock of ducks flew over! It is NOT an issue with the gun, you have to remember how the inertia system works, and one thing that can cause it to act up is improperly shouldering.

I called benelli, and the guy said it does make a difference if its shouldered properly, and that could certanily be why its doing it.

SO, I had some time, and since I had more hevishot to burn(100.00 worth:p ), I went to the range again, and held it to my shoulder VERY TIGHT and I didnt have one jam, untill the very last shell , when I actually remeber not holding it tight, I must have been excited, becuase in my mind, I was saying, WOW, this is working.

Now I need to decided weather I can live with a gun that does not cycle all the way, if I dont shoulder it properly. I think I know the answer.:rolleyes:

W

Old operator error !! ya know what they say stuff happens just too bad it got you!! Why would you not live with a gun that you do not shoulder properly?