Duckblind Camo

bkirsch

Absolutely Tucker!! You can wear some pretty ratty looking stuff and as long as it breaks up your shape your in buisness, a face mask to cover your white face and a hat are a must. After that it gets into want over need, and granted we all have some of the wants over needs - guess its part of the fun.

I agree. I use MOBU but I am in need of new waders. The Cabella waders do not come in MOBU. I guess what your saying is the camo is more for the person than the ducks. I do use a face mask. At least this year, I was only in a blind once. The ducks were so blind shy that we were in edges of timber or on buckets in water in the coffee beans that were left in the fields. We really had to blend in well and good camo was an important factor.

i think most camo depends of if the critter sees color or b&w. birds normaly see color and 4 legged b&w.

it's also game knowledge. if a critter doesent know a white face is bad it won't spook it.

me and my bro were hunting ducks and i was on one side of the tree him the other me in new breakup and him in old brown camo. when ducks came in on his side they flared from my side they nearly sat in the dekes. the ducks new that patteren was bad news and fled when they saw it.

Mowaterfowler,

You sure that there was not something else causing the duck to flare? We had a 4 wheeler back in the timber and had to fully cover it with camo. The 4 wheeler was green and we covered the front and rear lights but they still flared. When we finally covered the entire 4 wheeler no problem..we got 20 that day. Everybody had different types of camo and the ducks did not seem to notice.

i think it was just it was old and kinda faded so it was more like a big bright tan flag. even to my eyes he stuck out like a sore thumb. we were hiding next to 3-4 oaks. it was water treebark sky not the best place.

in the blind on the lake we have grass and stuff he blends in good there, and i kinda stick out camos to dark.

my waders are max-4 there either underwater in a blind or in the grass undergrowth next to the tree i'm hiding by.

i forget where i saw it. but they had guys in 4 types of cammo stand aronnd the same type of cover and took color and B&W photos. in the B&W everyone was hid farely well. in the color you could see 2-3 guys clearly in each shot. think was a grass style, mobu style, older brown, and sagebrush type. all taken in their respective areas.

Ducks and other birds see in the UV spectrum.

Many household laundry products contain additives which brighten UV colors as well as the colors we see.

If you wash your camo in these products then they will look like they're glowing to ducks, even though they look OK to you and me.