SBEII Safety Question

PJ3

I just bought a SBEII. I bought a RH model and am a left handed shooter (I know, seems stupid but the dealer gave me a deal I could not refuse). Anyway, I want to change the safety on my gun so that I can push the safety without reaching under the trigger guard. I think the safeties on the Benelli's are swithable, anyone know for sure or know what the procedure is to do it. Thanks for the info.

I just bought a SBEII. I bought a RH model and am a left handed shooter (I know, seems stupid but the dealer gave me a deal I could not refuse). Anyway, I want to change the safety on my gun so that I can push the safety without reaching under the trigger guard. I think the safeties on the Benelli's are swithable, anyone know for sure or know what the procedure is to do it. Thanks for the info.

so did ya loose your right hand in the deal? swithable/reverable i bet it could be done and do not let LT's smith work on it!!

It is easy, if you have a normal amout of ability. Take the trigger assembly out by removing cross pin(above saftey) w/bolt closed. On the trigger assembly above the saftey is a cross pin. This pin has a spring under it holding saftey in place. Remove pin with a small drill bit but stop once spring is exposed(this saves starting pin in hole). Remove spring, turn trigger guard facing up(put finger over hole where spring was to catch ball if it falls out). Now remove saftey and install in oppsite direction. Replace spring(hold spring below pin with drill bit and work pin back w/small hammer making sure spring is below pin. A smaller bit will hold second side of spring after first side passes under pin. Reinstall trigger assembly. If you feel up to job thats all there is to the change. Takes me a couple of minutes. I just did it as I bought left hand guns and sold my right hand to a RH person.

The only thing worse than no directions is poorly written directions :rolleyes: .

1. Remove trigger group from receiver.

2. Remove retaining pin. Caution there's a spring under there.

3. Invert trigger group to allow saftey detent to fall out.

4. Slide out the safety button and reverse it. Right to left - Left to right.

479072-big.jpg

5. Drop detent back in.

6. Re-insert spring.

7. Compress spring and insert retaining pin.

8. Reinstall trigger group into receiver.

TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST without ammo.