NRA is a force for destruction

BEAR_ICE

Guys, this article just hit the paper this morning. Had me going this morning. What you don't see is a large picture with Sen. Dianne Feinstein holding on to an AK-47 and this article below. If you would, send him your thoughts and comments. I sent my reply to:

Sent Reply To: Peter Copeland, [email protected] - Editor and general manager - 202-408-2756

http://www.shns.com/shns/g_index2.cfm?action=detail&pk=THOMASSON-03-01-07

Here's my response:

Dan, in response to your article in the Las Vegas Sun “Politics Hurt Police’s ability to protect us”. Correcting the situation as you say, would first begin with our born right (not a privilege) the 2nd amendment freedoms, which allow every citizen a right to keep and bear arms for the safety of their family, property, and their own lives. I am an NRA member, and I recall one night when I was young, my father was out and mom had to call out “Isaac get the gun” loud enough so the guy that broke in our home (who had a gun) could hear it and he took off out the balcony door jumped from the second floor and got away. But from that day forward we had firearms in our home.

Dan, you also make a statement about the amount of money that “we the people” are unwilling to spend equipping our police officers, that statement is ludicrous.

We have spent and are increasing their pay, increasing their personnel along with upgrading their equipment.

What you don’t seem to realize is that our law enforcement is a reactionary force. They are not there every minute to defend us law abiding citizens. They are there to protect, once called out, and then restore order.

It has been said “a citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.” Think about that Dan and the many, men, women and children that have been preyed upon and didn’t have an equalizing force to defend them or others. It’s a Constitutional Right and Social Obligation to Carry a Gun.

And what about our police officers? We have had some officers pick up and rape the innocent citizens of our communities by gun, badge or barter. We as a nation don’t take away guns from all police officers because of a few bad police officers, do we? No, we move on, train, screen, learn from our previous failures in hiring and again find better ways to screen and train our police officers. Are we to say police officers are evil, no! There is a percentage that goes astray, as do citizens, and never do we disarm in a blanketed form.

When a citizen carries a gun, just remember its called deterrence. We do it as a nation with nuclear weapons and our armed forces. We do it as a state in times of emergencies, our armed national guard. We do it as a city or town, our armed police departments. The bottom line here is deterrence, which is the key. Make the perpetrators think, alter their course and back down where ever they lurk. We as a community need to get back to where we were and come together and agree on one thing our constitution. This is the United States, our constitution is Freedom First then if you violate the laws you relinquish your rights. Stick to what has been given to us by our forefathers. Freedom is always First.

The more we come together as a nation in every state and arm our citizens with the rights that were bestowed upon us, the less rapes and murders, kidnappings would occur.

John F. Kennedy stated: "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

My thoughts and comments

Sincerly

Isaac

Henderson, NV 89002-9240

Guys, this article just hit the paper this morning. Had me going this morning. What you don't see is a large picture with Sen. Dianne Feinstein holding on to an AK-47 and this article below. If you would, send him your thoughts and comments. I sent my reply to:

Sent Reply To: Peter Copeland, [email protected] - Editor and general manager - 202-408-2756

http://www.shns.com/shns/g_index2.cfm?action=detail&pk=THOMASSON-03-01-07

Here's my response:

Dan, in response to your article in the Las Vegas Sun “Politics Hurt Police’s ability to protect us”. Correcting the situation as you say, would first begin with our born right (not a privilege) the 2nd amendment freedoms, which allow every citizen a right to keep and bear arms for the safety of their family, property, and their own lives. I am an NRA member, and I recall one night when I was young, my father was out and mom had to call out “Isaac get the gun” loud enough so the guy that broke in our home (who had a gun) could hear it and he took off out the balcony door jumped from the second floor and got away. But from that day forward we had firearms in our home.

Dan, you also make a statement about the amount of money that “we the people” are unwilling to spend equipping our police officers, that statement is ludicrous.

We have spent and are increasing their pay, increasing their personnel along with upgrading their equipment.

What you don’t seem to realize is that our law enforcement is a reactionary force. They are not there every minute to defend us law abiding citizens. They are there to protect, once called out, and then restore order.

It has been said “a citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.” Think about that Dan and the many, men, women and children that have been preyed upon and didn’t have an equalizing force to defend them or others. It’s a Constitutional Right and Social Obligation to Carry a Gun.

And what about our police officers? We have had some officers pick up and rape the innocent citizens of our communities by gun, badge or barter. We as a nation don’t take away guns from all police officers because of a few bad police officers, do we? No, we move on, train, screen, learn from our previous failures in hiring and again find better ways to screen and train our police officers. Are we to say police officers are evil, no! There is a percentage that goes astray, as do citizens, and never do we disarm in a blanketed form.

When a citizen carries a gun, just remember its called deterrence. We do it as a nation with nuclear weapons and our armed forces. We do it as a state in times of emergencies, our armed national guard. We do it as a city or town, our armed police departments. The bottom line here is deterrence, which is the key. Make the perpetrators think, alter their course and back down where ever they lurk. We as a community need to get back to where we were and come together and agree on one thing our constitution. This is the United States, our constitution is Freedom First then if you violate the laws you relinquish your rights. Stick to what has been given to us by our forefathers. Freedom is always First.

The more we come together as a nation in every state and arm our citizens with the rights that were bestowed upon us, the less rapes and murders, kidnappings would occur.

John F. Kennedy stated: "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

My thoughts and comments

Sincerly

Isaac

Henderson, NV 89002-9240

Sorry BEARICE, I had a hard time reading that so figured I would make it a little bigger.

Actually, if we all carried guns, we would still need the police. One of the things most often misunderstood by the anti-gun crowd is that they police won't be able to protect them more often than not. It isn't really their responsibility, either. Each person is responsible for their own safety (as well as the safety of their loved ones, to an extent). The police are responsible for the safety of the community. Every citizen being armed doesn't change that, though it would make for less violent crime, as pretty much every situation where this has been tested in real life has shown (much to the chagrin of the Brady Bunch, no doubt).

These overlap to an extent, in that the police are obligated to remove criminals that may prove harmful to members of the community. However, simple math will tell you that the likelyhood of police responding in time to stop somebody from doing you harm is very low, simply due to the fact that A) it doesn't take long to hurt/kill someone, and B) There are a finite number of police to respond. They do their job by taking criminals off of the street, thus protecting the community, but often as not it is after they have already done some damage.

And just for fun, here's a link to my new favorite vid on gun control: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2312508445846864220&q=gun+controll

Now, let the thread-hijack-crucifiction begin!

I have Starz and Showtime as part of my "free" introductory package from DirecTV.

That show is the only thing I watch on either of them.

Good stuff.

Don't always agree with them on every issue, but I like the way they present their case.

Thanks for fixing the link.

To me, this is the kind of smart publicity the pro gun movement needs.

Works a lot better than dressing up like Rambo and posing on Myspace with your SKS.

GV00, what I mean by that, is if we all had guns, intruders, robbers, rapists, terroists, and just about anyone who is a threat. Instead of calling the police and even if it counts as a complaint, waiting for them to arrive. We could put a bullet in them or at least shoot at them and scare them off. There wouldn't be hostage situations because it would be a gun battle the second someone tried something. I do see a use for them though, traffic violations, you aren't going to shoot a guy for illegal parking. So yes, they have some uses.

I remember when I was little, we had some drug dealers trying to get in our trailer, yes I did live in a double wide when I was a kid, my wasn't there otherwise he would have pulled a gun and told them where to shove it, but instead it was my mom with 4 little children, the oldest was 6. She called the police and they said that it "was not a valid complaint because they were not attacking us and it didn't count as a robbery because they were not stealing anything. Luckily they left after a while, but the police were useless. Not all accounts with cops have been bad, but a cop is just a goverment worker and a fellow human being, the only advantage they have is some tacticle training and they get semi and full autos. Nothing against you guys that are cops or former cops on the forum.

Keeping you guys in the loop, They replied. Suprised the **** out of me. Thats a first, and I know you know what my answer was....................POST IT "Sincerly, "Freedom First" :-)

Dear Mr. Espejo,

I work at the Scripps Howard News Service. Our editor and general manager, Peter Copeland, forwarded me the e-mail you wrote regarding Dan Thomasson's column on the NRA.

We would like to post your letter on our Web site, ScrippsNews.com. Do we have your permission to do so?

Thank you,

David Nielsen