Where do you find instructions on how to install the shims?

butwhat

Compliments from Hogwild, he posted this on another thread.

"

this one is better but ya gotta find it!! www.benelli.it click on habla english upper rt corner and M4 Cleaning on page 66 or 67 of manual if ya lost your manual it's a pdf file! just click on product, shotguns, defense technology then on lt side of page click on spare parts is where manuals are hiding!!"

Hog............your a good man. :-)

I need some adjustment on the stock on my SBE II. I can't cheeck the gun up as I'm used to. If I don't pay attention my eye gets to low and I can't see the bead.

Thanks

This adjustment is not that hard to do and if ya can't do it find someone that can, so simple. Just install a front site ya can see, the benelli OEM front sight is usless IMO anyway! Then you will be ready to cheeek it up and you will not have to pick that lazy eye up anymore. Stock adjustment in manual call C/S and if ya did not get chokes this would be a good time to address this issue also!! Take it to a range with a friend and some tools and deal with it!! This adjustment takes about 15 minutes tops and if everyone else does it why can't you?

This adjustment is not that hard to do and if ya can't do it find someone that can, so simple. Just install a front site ya can see, the benelli OEM front sight is usless IMO anyway! Then you will be ready to cheeek it up and you will not have to pick that lazy eye up anymore. Stock adjustment in manual call C/S and if ya did not get chokes this would be a good time to address this issue also!! Take it to a range with a friend and some tools and deal with it!! This adjustment takes about 15 minutes tops and if everyone else does it why can't you?

Because my fingers are arthritic?

I don't really look at the sight while I'm shooting.

A differant sight won't do much for proper gun fit.

If you pull a gun up and your head is bobbling around you'll never shoot consistantly. It should be one easy, mindless consistant motion. I need to get the stock up to my cheeck, not my cheeck to the stock. I need to make it fit like my 870's

I got chokes. Since I'm missing the manual I'm curious about what else may be missing from the case.

What all was supposed to be in there?

Because my fingers are arthritic?

I don't really look at the sight while I'm shooting.

A differant sight won't do much for proper gun fit.

If you pull a gun up and your head is bobbling around you'll never shoot consistantly. It should be one easy, mindless consistant motion. I need to get the stock up to my cheeck, not my cheeck to the stock. I need to make it fit like my 870's

I got chokes. Since I'm missing the manual I'm curious about what else may be missing from the case.

What all was supposed to be in there?

You want a benelli to fit like a 870/ HUMM!! Good Luck!! i was just saying since the useless OEM sight is black with a small bit of red and i can't see it anyway it works better for me with a front sight i can see. so were you not bobbeling your headi trying to find front sight to start with?? Guess i am confused and Italian shotguns will confuse most!! it did me for a while but i fingered it out. you should of had a manual set of 4 or 5 chokes and a choke wrench which you should have checked before ya left the store!! Good luck getting yourgun fitted and hope Uncle Arthur will let ya do a proper break-in with out too much pain!! why can't ya download the manual from online?

I got the oil, wrench and tubes but no maual or parts list.

All my other guns my cheek hits the stock when I pull them up. This gun I have to hold my head up a little. I think I need to order the low raise cheek pad to replace the flat pad that is on the gun. when the Mossberg 3 1/2" first came out, I bought one and it came with 3 differant cheeck pads. I was wondering if this was something else I might have not received with my gun. Hopefully after I get my manual the info on how to change the cheek pad will be in there.

I downloaded the manual but it jumps up and down when I try scrolling to read it.

You want the least amount of drop, so here are the shims you need to install.

With the barrel pointed down towards the floor and the butt towards you, install each piece in the order listed and with the letters turned up (towards the butt)

Plastic drop shim - Z

Plasic deviation plate (cast shim) - DX

Gun stock

Steel Locking Plate - ZDX

lock washer

lock nut

recoil pad