SBE II Cycling / Trigger Problem

coyote_warrior

I am a long time Benelli owner. I have three original SBE's and have fired thousands of rounds without a jam, cycling problem, or misfire. I cannot say the same about my SBE-II. It is a camo model and I'm wondering if the tolerance issues created by the camo overlay are a factor, or if something else is wrong. I have had numerous situations where the first shell will fire and even if the second shell loads properly, the trigger does not reset. Last weekend, I ejected all the shells, manually cycled and loaded a new shell, and still the trigger would not reset. I was using Federal #6 Pheasant loads. Anyone else having these kinds of problems? Is there an obvious fix or is it time to send it in to the factory?

Coyote_Warrior

Colorado

I am a long time Benelli owner. I have three original SBE's and have fired thousands of rounds without a jam, cycling problem, or misfire. I cannot say the same about my SBE-II. It is a camo model and I'm wondering if the tolerance issues created by the camo overlay are a factor, or if something else is wrong. I have had numerous situations where the first shell will fire and even if the second shell loads properly, the trigger does not reset. Last weekend, I ejected all the shells, manually cycled and loaded a new shell, and still the trigger would not reset. I was using Federal #6 Pheasant loads. Anyone else having these kinds of problems? Is there an obvious fix or is it time to send it in to the factory?

Coyote_Warrior

Colorado

C/S should be able to answer this type of question 18003224626 if they say you have a problem ya gotta get an RA anyway probably!! the shells you are having issues with were Federal? Good luck either way!!

• 2 years later...

I recently bought a brand new sbeii and i have shot pretty much everything through it. but today when i was shooting, when i pulled the trigger it stayed back and something was messed up in the saftey. so i got a pliers and pushed the trigger back forward and shot a couple more clays and it did it agian. plz help! i oil and clean the gun.

I let a friend of mine use my SBE II and after he shot it a couple of times I he had the same problem. I am not exactly sure what he did but have a theory. I have never had the problem before. I think what he was doing was putting to many shells in the receiver by pushing the small silver lever next to the trigger (don't recall its name) and then firing the gun. It would not fire like the safety was still on. I know you can put one shell in the receiver and then pull the bolt back. I think he was doing that then pressing the level twice??????????

I took it completely apart and made sure everything was clean and oiled and have never had a problem since.

i think i may have found the problem. i took the trigger group out and started to try to locate what was wrong. i held the pin down then pulled the trigger and it the pin fired but i was holding it so it didnt do any damage. i still couldnt figure out what was wron then i blew in it to get so of the powder out and a bb came out from in there. i am hopeing that this was the problem, but im pretty sure it was. thanks