20ga M2 or Cordoba for wife?

IT8EZBNME1

Either one will do fine. The M2 has a 26" barrel. The Cordoba has a 28" barrel and is ported and has extended choke tubes. If your mostly hunting probably the M2. A lot of clays? The Cordoba. They both feel very much alike and they are both adjustable the same ways. I have a 20 ga. SS I use mostly for clays and love it.

Actually I said they feel alike, but I was wrong. They do feel similar mainly because of the raised rib, however the Cordoba will feel longer due to the longer receiver and of course the 28" vs 26" barrel and longer slimmer forend. The M2 will definately feel shorter and the forend will feel a little wider and it is shorter.

The Comfortech's will be the same. I would suggest she shoulder and point both and let her decide if thats possible. I know with women its hard to try to get it right sometimes no matter what you do. Right??? Or is it just me?

It will depend on her stature. My 28" SS is exactly the same length as my SBE II. I prefer longer guns. She may not. I hope this helps. I hurried my first post on my way out the door heading to work.

Thanks a lot for the info, and I could probably buy them both for her and not get it, Right!!! haha The more I have read up on the two I have kind of got the impression that if it is going to be primarily a hunting gun, I should go with the M2, which is exactly what you said. I am thinking 26" though, but I will let her try them both.

Thanks again for the messages, every little bit of info helps.

rit would be easy being you if "SHE" was extremely involved in process, guns are your's once ya purchase and hard to return if not impossible, but if it's a present and she does not like it make sure you do before ya buy which ever!! never can have too many Benelli's if she does not like it!! 20 Ga Cordoba only comes in synthetic, M2 comes in several cammo patterns but i read that the Cordoba is supposed to be a faster claygun? but all around great gun!! shoots 2 3/4 & 3" shells !! i was looking in online 07 catalog! Cordoba 20 Ga also comes with crio chokes and i guess the crio barell and it did not say if M2 had crio barell but i do not think so cause it only list non crio choke tubes on accessories page ? Cordoba also has 4+1 mag Capacity but 28" barrell is the shortest the 20 Ga comes in but i feel the 28" barell would be good if she is going to use for duck and waterfowl, just a preferrence to her the way she handles a 28 " barrel!! 20 Ga should not be that heavy of a gun anyway prob less than 6.5 lbs!! M2 not sure on how it would handle shooting waterfowl? never mind i watched online video and they were wearing the geese & turkeys out with it!! actually the super sport is a pretty gun for just a tad more$$ i like the loks of the carbon/composite!! C/S told me this AM 20th that the M2 for some reason was shipping with non crio choke tubes? i asked was it a crio barrel and got no answer but i am sure it is, she said now they are shipping crio chokes with it!

• 2 weeks later...