Coating on barrel

PJ3

In January I bought an M1 Field (camo). I shot one week of ducks with it no problems. Last Sunday, I took it out for two rounds of sporting clays and it shot great. When I took the barrel off to clean it, I found a clear film peeling off the barrel where it fits into the chamber. My barrel is camo so the peeling is only where the metal barrel can be seen. I only shot just over 100rounds through the gun. It almost appears to be some sort of clear coat which is peeling off. I attempted to contact Benelli via email but I have not received a response. Any suggestions on what it could be?

PJ3

I wouldn't be surprised if the second coming of Christ came before they respond to your email.. But if you call they will have you ship the gun back to have it repainted.. It takes about 15 days give or take to get it back...