Yes, I am a Benelli fan....

mudhen

This year I played around with all sorts of other guns, chokes, loads, etc.

But as usual, the Benelli just keeps winning my favor when turkey season comes around.

SBE II, B Shim, Primos Jellyhead .660, and 3.5" Winchester XR 6's. The patterning board was just getting hammered!

IMG_1553.jpg

The H-13 was a bit affected by the wind.

I may not get a bird, but it won't be the gun's fault :D

• 2 weeks later...

Have you noticed any penetration problems with the XR 6's. I patterned them in three different gun/choke combos with great patterns. But, each time I found shot in the paper plate! I removed the plate and found A LOT of shot on the surface of the plywood the plate was stapled to. Not impressed with the energy. Just wondering if you found the same, my nitro 4 x 5 x 7 penetrated the plywood with the 4's at 40 yds.

Do not use plywood as a target backer? plywood happens to be some dense material and hardly feel it could be used as a benchmark for penetration? but it's basically whatever you feel works best for you, i feel that any hev-shot is better than any lead product but using plywood for a penetration test? turkeys kneck is not quite as hard as plywood so how could this be compared to a non kill?

Have you noticed any penetration problems with the XR 6's. I patterned them in three different gun/choke combos with great patterns. But, each time I found shot in the paper plate! I removed the plate and found A LOT of shot on the surface of the plywood the plate was stapled to. Not impressed with the energy. Just wondering if you found the same, my nitro 4 x 5 x 7 penetrated the plywood with the 4's at 40 yds.

I have found it to be very effective. Very. Effective.

No complaints from these guys:

IMG_0033-1.jpg