Any interest in US Gas Pistons for M4?

kendal

What type of interest would there be if I had a small batch of Gas Pistons made for the M4? I am going to visit with my machine shop and they are going to want to know a qty. before they quote a price. I have 5 sets already spoken for if it works out. This is a quick sample of my solidworks file that was reversed engineered from the pistons that are in my 11707. Let me know, thanks :)

benellipiston-2.jpg

I know everyone wants a great deal, but there will be cost involved. A target of price would be helpful as I will not pursue it if people want them for an unreasonable cheap price.

The pistons will have to be converted from solidworks to mastercam, cut on a lathe and then sent out to be hardened and then parkerized or teflon coated none of this is cheap.

I had seen a guy selling used gas pistons as spare parts anyone remember what they were going for?

Just trying to get us some US parts! Also, looking at the hammer but how and the heck do you get the clip off of the pin that holds it in? I tried to use my snap ring pliers but no go!

the heck with the price. Quality and U.S. craftsmanship are my concern. I would buy a set, give me an address and I will send a P.O. money order forthwith. Also a time frame. Thank you for the initive kendal.

I, too, would be interested. Please keep us posted.

Question: What alloy are you considering and what coatings are you considering? I have some experience with alloys and coatings and would gladly provide you with any information I can provide.

I, too, would be interested. Please keep us posted.

Question: What alloy are you considering and what coatings are you considering? I have some experience with alloys and coatings and would gladly provide you with any information I can provide.

Chui,

I was going to review this with the machine shop, but any advice would be helpful. Send me an email at sales AT nversestudios.com.

Thanks

I like what your doing kendal! I am also an engineer and have often considered copying a few of my gun parts for remanufacture, I have tinkered with coatings on a few just for rust prevention. So I fully understand what your doing between solidworks and mastercam, very nicely done with CNC control and quality metals you will have very nice parts.

Anyone who knocks the US craftsman ship here is a fool, we often manufacture parts for our German owned company and make them far better than they can.

Good luck to you.

the heck with the price. Quality and U.S. craftsmanship are my concern. I would buy a set, give me an address and I will send a P.O. money order forthwith. Also a time frame. Thank you for the initive kendal.

I'm not quite following the logic on this one.

You buy an Italian made shotgun and then opt for American made parts because you want quality?

Why not buy an American made shotgun and get the whole package in the best possible quality?

Of course, that's a rhetorical question.

I could see the logic if the gun were made in Turkey, Pakistan, India, or China... but not Italy.

Italians produce some of the finest workmanship and quality in the world when it comes to firearms.

As far as pricing for these goes, I'd say that if you can make them and sell them for about what the Italian parts go for, then your advantage on availability and turn-around alone will bring the orders to you.

I'm not quite following the logic on this one.

You buy an Italian made shotgun and then opt for American made parts because you want quality?

Why not buy an American made shotgun and get the whole package in the best possible quality?

Of course, that's a rhetorical question.

The configuration I wanted was not available in a U.S. made model.

I do support domestic if available, and I always support the man who has an idea. Give me a guy with a dream, pencil and paper and access to a garage and you can acomplish anything. I also have a wish to decrease the import "parts count." However this thread is about interest for a U.S. piston and my earlier post was not meant to distract from that. -regards - d

Price being cool, you could count me in for two. If you came through with this and the hammer, SocomGuy has the magazine tube, that leaves for 1 more imported part left to make. Maybe someone will try the callapsable stock. I'm still workin my wife to break loose some $$ for two tubes. Hang in there, at least till I get some $$ freed up.