M4 collapsible stock problem

chromegsxr2002

I was at the range today putting some rounds throught the M4 and my collapsible stock kept coming lose, so i took the stock off and there were a ton of shavings on the buffer tube, i also noticed that the grooves that hold the stock in place were grinded down, not really sure what caused this, so i was just curious if anyone else has had this problem, and i seriously doubt i can get a new buffer tube from Benelli. I thought about SOCOMguy too, he had mentioned he would try making them if he had one to copy, nevertheless, any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Jeremy

That does not sound good at all. If you call Benelli CS, they will fix it, but you will probably have to send in the receiver.

I second that, get the factory repairs and parts while they are still under waranty.

Yes, the gun was brand new in box when i got it. I sent it back to Benelii last week, so hopefully they can figure out the cause. To me it kind of felt like the stock was getting hung up on something when i would collapse it, like some sort of clearance problem with the stock itself, or the tube.