Interest in Custom Picatinny Rail for Supernova Tactical?

John P.

It seems the only way we're going to be able to get a Picatinny rail on the Supernova Tactical is to go the custom route. I tried one of these--a Weaver 423m:

63286.jpg

This won't work with Ghost Rings unless you cut some of the metal length from the base.

I'd rather just get the picatinny instead of modifying the Weaver base that I have.

Does anyone know a gunsmith who might be up for a group order?

I am having George Smith at EGW (http://www.egw-guns.com) modify a #93 picatinny style base for me ($40 plus shipping). If you did get a group buy together I'm sure it would be cheaper. Should be sent to me as soon as his next batch goes through anodizing (I hope!). Been a while since I sent my payment/order - guess I should give him a call and see how its going. If there is more interest, he might get mine done faster!

I'm interested!

Does yours have ghost rings?

I imagine after you post a picture and your thoughts on the fit & finish, we'll be able to put a nice list together.

Supernova Tactical Picatinny Base Interest List:

1) John P.

2) [if interested, put your name here . . . the next person should copy & paste prior list]

Just got a message back from George. He said that if you can get 10 people for sure, he will do a run of the modified mounts, which would then be at their normal cost of $29.99 (plus shipping). Yes, these would be for the SNT with ghost-ring sights. He didn't let me know on the status of the mount that I had ordered though... Oh well, just have to keep watching the mailbox. Hopefully it won't be too long, so we can see how it will fit - I think I measured correctly!

Hey John, have you contacted George yet? I just found out that other guys are already putting in orders with him directly. He still hasn't sent mine out so it seems that he is waiting to get enough orders to do a complete batch of them. You might want to contact him so you don't miss his first run. I had thought we would test-fit mine first but I guess not. Hopefully he has verified the measurments I sent him before he makes too many - I'd hate to be the one who was the cause of a whole lot of upset customers!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DocLRRP

Thanks for the heads up on this. I posted a thread yesterday and saw yours today. I spoke with Jeff and ordered two of the mounts. They charged me $70 delivered for both.

I am assuming that I got the good price because I mentioned the group buy on the Benelli Forum.

Yeah, when I had initially contacted George about making one he had no idea that there would be this amount of interest so he didn't want to tool up for a full length one unless I was willing to pay $$$$$$$$$$$ so I just got them to shorten one of their existing #93 rails. So all of yours will be cheaper and better :-(

• 2 weeks later...