right hand get cut when fireing sbe ll

long shot

have sbe ll. ever time i shoot 3 1/2 loads mainly. my right middle finger slam in to the trigger guard and by the end of the day my hand is just so full of blood it take two days to rest it to go shooting again.has any one had this problem. if so please contac me if you have answer to my problem

Others have had similar experiences.

There have been a number of fixes and solutions discussed.

Taping the finger.

Wearing gloves.

Hold the gun more firmly.

Change your grip to get the finger farther away from the guard.

Recoil reducers.

It's pretty much a common sense thing and a matter of choosing which solution works best for you.

Others have had similar experiences.

There have been a number of fixes and solutions discussed.

Taping the finger.

Wearing gloves.

Hold the gun more firmly.

Change your grip to get the finger farther away from the guard.

Recoil reducers.

It's pretty much a common sense thing and a matter of choosing which solution works best for you.

must be guns new trigger guard design. only gun i have trouble with

Long shot,

I have the same problem. Some manufacturers put a gel pad behind the trigger guard. Tucker gave you some ideas. I went to Walgreens and found a gel product that it is used to protect an injured toe. You can cut the top off and slide it on your finger. The product will give some protection.

There is one other thing ya can do and it is what I did--that is to take a small round file to the sharp edge on the trigger guard. This has solved the problem for me. I know some would not want to do that to their gun but this shotgun is going to see a lot of tuff wear and tear for many seasons and will surely get a scratch or two. It's a tuff shotgun anyways. Did'nt buy it for looks--hehehe.

Liberty--you are right but what happens with the bigger trigger guard is that when shooting--the recoil moves the shotgun enough to cause just a slight small cut between the trigger finge and middle finger and after a few rounds ya start to feel the irritation. I'ts just a small sharp place on some of the trigger guards on probably just a few guns from factory and mine was one of them. I get so excited every time I go hunting I always forget to take a bandaid or gel pad or whatever--so the quick and permanent fix for me was to file-er down! No more problem.

try that didn't work. part of my problem is i have a bad right hand. so i don;t have a real good grip on the stock. it is wider than the reg wooden ones so i realy don't get a good grip. going to shoot 3'' federal bb next year should be a little less recoil with same nock down

thanks