Drop Shim Advice

PrimitiveHunter

Hi. I'm new to this forum so hopefully, I've posted this in the right spot. I bought my M2 a couple of days ago and have been cycling a box of shells through it each evening when I get home to break it in and get used to it. It seems to be generally shooting higher than where I'm aiming. With the turkey loads, it was hitting a full 10" higher than the point of aim. Will the drop shims correct that? If so, How do I determine the proper stock fit? Thanks!

just click on search and type in SHIM and read a few post!! if ya have questions after that open manual !! POI high lower stock !! POI low raise stock!! you have to take look at the plastic shims and see which one is missing from your shim bag and your gun manual says you have 4 shims a,b,c,d & z and you want POI to go up 10"'s you would probably need to go up 2 shims but as soon as ya did ya probably would need only the next one up!! would be best just do one at a time as easy as it is to change!!

Go down a shim maybe?

If your is B now, go to C, etc.

But for turkeys, I prefer the gun to shoot high just a bit. I use the B shim in my SBE II and aim at the base of the neck where the skin meets the feathers. The pattern pretty much rips right into the head area. This way you can see the birds head right up to the shot.

I put the C (with a shaved A) back in for waterfowl season so the gun shoots closer to my POA.

mudhen,just wanted to know about the C shim with the shaved A shim how and what that is all about.My SBE11 shoots high and to the left at 35 to 40 yards will the C and A shim deal work to improve the POA.Thanks boo