BASIC CLEANING

STEELER FAN

I HAVE AN SBE , HAVE SHOT IT LESS THAN 200 TIMES, TO CLEAN IT W/O TEARING THE WHOLE GUN APART, I SPRAYED BORE CLEANER IN THE BARREL, PULLED THE BORE SNAKE THRU ACOUPLE TIMES , SPRAYED REM OIL AROUND THE BOLT& IN THE CHAMBER , WIPED IT OUT WITH A CLOTH, OILED THE OUTSIDE OF GUN,& PUT IT BACK IN THE GUN CABINENT. IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH TO KEEP MY SBE IN GOOD SHOOTING CONDITION, UNTIL I GET IT GOOD & DIRTY?????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

skidahos link to tuckers post is a good way to thoroughly clean a firearm. What your doing is fine. Routine maintenance (which is what your doing) makes cleaning that much more easier. Then you'll only have to fully detail your gun a few times a year. (depending on how often you shoot, type of firearm, etc.) If u run a cleaning patch through your barell and it comes out the other end white your good to go. Off topic, Congratulations on the Steelers. I'm glad they finally got out of the playoffs. It would be nice to see Cohwar and the Bus get a superbowl victory. Good luck.

Way off topic but here goes. I think tucker (in jest of course) was pointing out that Ohio has not 1 but TWO teams in the NFL. However I could be wrong, wouldn't be a first. Important thing is that the Bus might get a ring. Imagine the size that thing will be if he gets the win???

I think the bore should be the least of your concerns. Take the whole thing apart - bolt and recoil spring - and then use some BreakFree CLP. These guns are incredible tools when they cleaned & oiled properly, but an expensive single-shot when not.

BTW - the closest football team here is the Buffalo BIlls so I guess, as far as football is concerned, I may as well be in Ohio too. GO STEELERS!

I guess I didn't elaborate enough in my post. STEELERS FANs way of cleaning is fine as a routine maintenance.(Say you shoot on Friday and you know your shooting on Sunday, no need to detail IMO this is where I feel STEELERS FANs cleaning technique is acceptable) You can tell by looking at the action, bolt, etc. and see if they're clean or not. The barrell can be looked through as well but its not as vivid. I just always tell people you know the barrell is clean when u push a patch through and it comes out white. Theres no right answer on how one should clean a firearm, to many variables. Say you run 5 rounds through a detailed clean shotgun, do you need to take apart the bolt assembly, trigger ***., etc.? I personally don't think so, but others may disagree. bluedavis your absolutely right your firearm can malfunction if not properly cared for. I by no means think that running a patch through the barrell is any way to clean a firearm. Just my personal final step, I should of clarified more.